October 2012 Weddings

RSVP postage for international guests

I'm pre-stamping and pre-addressing the RSVP envelopes.  For your international guests, what do you do regarding the postage?  Do you just not put any postage on it since our stamps won't work for them?  Then they would be responsible for paying the postage themselves?  Not sure how this works and what the proper way to do this is.
Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2

Re: RSVP postage for international guests

• katslackkatslack member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I had this same dilema. Most of my family lives in England, me Florida. I had one of my cousins mail me some airmail stamps. My Fi has two relatives in Csta Rica but those we're just leaving unposted. I don't know whats proper but thankfully we pretty much know who's coming already. good luck
  • I had a cousin get me postage for invites to Canada.
  • I didn't think about this until after the invites were sent with US postage. I have 2 close friends who now live in Spain. Since there's only a couple of them, I told them to email or send me a message on facebook if they'd be able to make it or not.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • According to the girls on Invites this is a situation where you don't have to provide stamps, but it's nice....if you want to spend the time tracking int. postage down.

• Our one international one I left blank.  We're pretty sure she isn't coming anyway.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    270475_10151278916785395_726690480_n-1
    Mom to D.A (11.09) and 3 beautiful angels (06.08, 03.11, 07.12)
  • We just didn't put any on there. Tracking down the stamps, not to mention buying them with currency exchanges and purchase fees, would be a pain in the tukhus as well as very pricey.
  • My only international invite went to an APO so it's still just a regular stamp. Guess I lucked out there.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm leaving my international RSVPs blank.  I don't have any way of getting postage from England and Sweden without spending a lot of extra money for a couple of stamps.  If I had more than a couple from each country, I'd probably figure out a way to get the stamps I need, but that is not the case. 
  • I left the international RSVPs blank. I already know which ones are coming and the ones that aren't have already/will let me know via Facebook or e-mail.
    Anniversary
  • Ok, I'm such a stupid American! Not only did I send the STD's with regular postage the first time, I was so intent on not doing that this time that I totally forgot about the return postage! So yes I just put a regular stamp on the envelope. Wow his family is going to really think I'm stupid!
  • Late to the party - but you can go to the PO and get what is called and IRC, we did this for our one guest in the UK.  You pay $2.20 and they can take it to their own PO and the postage will be covered.

• On my international invites to Canada and Italy, I didn't put postage on the RSVP envelopes. For other weddings in my family where invites have gone to Italy and Canada, we've done the same thing.  My international family understands that we have no way of getting Canadian and Italian Stamps.  In this case, I DO NOT think it's rude to send the response cards without a stamp.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MrsMack10612MrsMack10612 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_rsvp-postage-for-international-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:8b13c712-5fac-4c54-8e44-f2255cb18d69Post:527bd297-8903-408e-b16e-4b5768ccd463">Re: RSVP postage for international guests</a>:
    [QUOTE]On my international invites to Canada and Italy, I didn't put postage on the RSVP envelopes. For other weddings in my family where invites have gone to Italy and Canada, we've done the same thing.  My international family understands that <strong>we have no way of getting Canadian and Italian Stamps</strong>.  In this case, I DO NOT think it's rude to send the response cards without a stamp.
    Posted by Nic12184[/QUOTE]

This is not accurate.  There is a way.  The USPS will sell you an International Return Coupon (IRC) for $2.20.  This allows you to include it with the guest's invitiation; they can take it to their local post office and it will cover the amount of the RSVP postage back to the states.

• bnu220bnu220 member
    First Comment
    I went to the post office today actually to deal with this!! I had to purchase a voucher to put in the invite that would pay for them to send the rsvp back. I think it was 2 bucks. Hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards