New Jersey

No videographer?

Anyone not have a videographer? My fiance doesn't want one to save money but really think it's important to capture our day on "film". Your thoughts?

Re: No videographer?

• We didn't hire a videographer, but a friend filmed the ceremony.  He didn't film our entrances or toasts at the reception, and I do wish I had asked him to do it.  I didn't need quality film, just a video to remember those few moments would be nice.
    Anniversary
  • I was against a videographer from the beginning because I felt it was a waste of money. So many of my friends who didn't get a videographer told me that it was the biggest regret they had. I found a way to scrimp and save and we did end up getting a videographer and it was the best decision we made. I love replaying our ceremony and laughing over the funny things that happened. I say..DO IT!
  • GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2012
    Originally a videographer wasn't in our budget. But we added one and I'm so glad we did. He captured moments the photographer didn't get, things H and I quietly said to each other during the ceremony, etc. I've mentioned in other posts that we have this ancient wedding video from my cousin's wedding, that has a few seconds of my dad dancing and talking. Now that he has passed, we treasure the video. That's not the primary reason we got one, but I'll be glad we have it in the future (a little morbid but the truth). Looking back, I wish we had gone with a cheaper photographer. The photos are great but don't mean as much as I thought they would. PPs are right... If you don't want to hire a videographer, see if you can find someone to tape the ceremony and important parts of the day. That's really all you need. Good luck!
  • We had a videographer and it was the best decision we made. We wrote our own vows and 10 minutes after the ceremony I couldn't tell you what DH said because I was so caught up in the moment. I loved being able to hear our vows as well as the toasts.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Originally we weren't going to do one, but so many girls on this board said it was something they regreted and also brought up about relatives passing that were captured on film.  We found a very inexpensive videographer and they turned out to be one of the best vendors of our wedding day.  They actually got along great with our photographers and they worked very well together for having never met before.  They were not annoying, either- they captured the moments subtly and were nowhere to be found during our ceremony.  They miked up our priest and my husband so they could get audio of the ceremony- a relative with a video camera probably won't be able to do that, so beware they will need to stand close by or you won't hear your ceremony very well.  They also captured our First Look and did getting ready video as well, which helped capture more of the day.  We wound up singing a song with our band, which is something a photographer would not be able to properly capture on film so I'm happy we'll be able to see that, along with our first dance-which we worked really hard on.  As everyone says, you're wedding day flies by, so a video will be helpful to remember other events of the day.  I've only seen our highlight video so far, but I can't wait until we get the final product!
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Booking a videographer was really important to me so I think it's worth the money to find a good one. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't know anything about this company, but saw a while back that someone else posted about using them.  For a fraction of the cost, many flip video cameras are mailed to you before your wedding. You distribute them to guests, and guests take video - multiple angles, and different people ensure that you get different things video and different points of view.

You send all cameras back to them, and they edit all of the footage into a wedding video for you.

I think it also called "My Flip Wedding" (or maybe that's a second company?)

It is less expensive than a professional videographer, but your results obviously may vary. 

-----------------------------------------------------------
    I hired a professional videographer, deciding that I had room in the budget for a videographer, but not a super expensive one.  It is actually more important to me that the ceremony is captured in its entirity, rather than an edited video of the entire reception, but both are included in my package.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I think we are only going to do a raw footage package.  I don't think it worth the cost to have a full video edited when I'm not going to watch it and raw is a fraction of the cost.  My friend did strictly raw with a company that did all pro equipment and all so I'm doing the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards