Not Engaged Yet
Options

Anyone from (or been to) Rhode Island?

Hi ladies! I was bored, so I figured I'd see if y'all could give me some insight. BF and I were talking about where he's going to do his PhD. He hasn't made any definite decisions (he still has to apply) but we were discussing different schools. He's really impressed with University of Rhode Island. He went up for a night to take a look and came back saying how wonderful the area is. He's also applying to other schools but I know how those areas are. I've never been to Rhode Island...

Anyone have any thoughts of the area or has anyone lived there? I've heard a few good things from TripAdvisor, but I don't know anyone that's lived/visited there.

Just curious... hope everyone had a nice Monday!

Re: Anyone from (or been to) Rhode Island?

• Options
    I used to visit my aunt there every year. They live near Narragansett. Rhode Island is a great little state... you have the 'city life' in Providence, but there is so much more to it. Block Island, Newport, all the beaches. It's close to Boston and NYC. 

If you do go to visit, go to Twin Willows in Narragansett. It's a dive but has the best clam cakes ever. YUM!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    One of my best friends from high school went to Brown and is still living in Providence while doing her doctorate at Harvard. She's deeply in love with Rhode Island and refuses to come any farther south than NYC anymore.

But alas, Rhode Island is one of the four states that I haven't been to.

• Options
    I know! Out of the five states I haven't been to, he suddenly has his heart set on Rhode Island.  But I appreciate y'alls help! Narragansett is where the research center is that he'd be working, so I thought we'd find a house/job for me around there. Apparently, we could move to Providence and it's only about 40 minutes away.

Thanks for the help... and @cu97tiger, your wedding picture in your signature is BEAUTIFUL. That dress is amazing. And @ahstillwell, I want your dogs! The one in the middle is adorable!!
  • Options
    I love Rhode Island. My best friend from college is from there, and got married right over the border in Mystic, CT. One of my other college roommates got her Master's from URI, and absolutely loved it.

I look for jobs there every so often. It's a lovely little place. Providence is a fun city, and it's so close to so many things.

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-from-or-been-to-rhode-island?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1f732b4d-12de-4fbe-acea-23a4ef7d2e93Post:4fb24eef-f3e4-4a1e-a383-ea3ffce39feb">Re: Anyone from (or been to) Rhode Island?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know! Out of the five states I haven't been to, he suddenly has his heart set on Rhode Island.  But I appreciate y'alls help! Narragansett is where the research center is that he'd be working, so I thought we'd find a house/job for me around there. Apparently, we could move to Providence and it's only about 40 minutes away. Thanks for the help... <strong>and @cu97tiger, your wedding picture in your signature is BEAUTIFUL. That dress is amazing.</strong> And @ahstillwell, I want your dogs! The one in the middle is adorable!!
    Posted by ShanMarie513[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks, I loved it! If you can come up with any good excuses for me to wear it again, I'd appreciate it.</div><div>
    </div><div>I love Narragansett. It's a very nostalgic place for me... keep us updated on if your move happens!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-from-or-been-to-rhode-island?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1f732b4d-12de-4fbe-acea-23a4ef7d2e93Post:0ab83461-d11f-4638-9a13-3c41cdf94c15">Re: Anyone from (or been to) Rhode Island?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone from (or been to) Rhode Island? : Thanks, I loved it! <strong>If you can come up with any good excuses for me to wear it again, I'd appreciate it.</strong> I love Narragansett. It's a very nostalgic place for me... keep us updated on if your move happens!
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

threadjack: If you move to VA I'll host a white gown themed party and you can wear it to that. I'll be wearing mine, for sure.

I don't know much about RI, I've visited a tiny bit over the years, but don't know enough to share anything useful. Worthless. 
  • Options
    Rhode Island is totes awesome.  Miskwamicut beach is amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards