Texas-Houston

Has anyone used Morris Malakoff Photography??

He takes beautiful photos and is willing to meet my budget. Does he follow through with photos? Easy to work with? ANY info would be great!!

Re: Has anyone used Morris Malakoff Photography??

• daxandtharadaxandthara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He takes beautiful photos and is willing to meet my budget. Does he follow through with photos? Easy to work with? ANY info would be great!!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Morris for my wedding in November of 2010. I have yet to receive any of my pictures/album...NOTHING. His last email to me was in Feb. Now he doesn't return my calls or emails. I paid him in full prior to his services. Did you decide to use him? I'm curious to see if anyone else has had this problem. We are about to seek legal action. 
  • brewejcbrewejc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are in the exact same boat as you . . . although our boat has been sinking for a much longer time.  Our daughter's wedding was in December 2009.  They held their Engagement Shoot after the fact when the weather was nicer in the Spring of 2010.  So, we weren't too concerned at first.  As the summer and fall of 2010 went by and we heard nothing, we began to give him the occasional call.  Left a message (of course), but never heard back from him.  We aren't much into confrontation (hence our long delay), but we, too, are now looking into legal action.  It's both comforting and discouraging to hear there are others in the same boat.  Comforting in that I now know that it wasn't something that WE did or didn't do that has caused this . . . but discouraging in that it may be a battle to get what we paid for.  We would love to keep in touch with you regarding your efforts to get some resolution and would be happy to share our results with you, as well.
  • SubigniSubigni member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also hired Morris Malakoff for my wedding photography in November of last year.  I have not heard from him since this January, despite my repeated calls and emails.  I hope I will be able to prevent others from experiencing the same distress I and others are feeling right now by going on the record:  I do NOT recommend hiring him. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hi  BREWEJC and SUBIGNI,
    I actually received an email from Morris after my first blog post. I am wondering if you receive one also after yours. I will cut and paste it for you to see. But sadly according to the email I was to have my photos posted 2 weeks ago...NO NOT THERE! So, please keep me updated on your communications. I will do the same. A friend of mine who also shoots photography (too bad we didn't meet 6 mths ago:)) is contacting The Better Business Bureau. Here's the email:

Lori,

We noticed that you shared a concern about us on The Knot and we want to assure you that we have every intention of delivering the best service and end product. Our standard for editing photos is extremely in depth and involved and because I love to put so much energy into them, I always inform brides prior to booking, that this delicate process may take up to 6 months.

We are just now approaching the 6 month mark and your edited photos are near completion. I will email the link to you to view them by next week and your digital negatives will be mailed to you as well.  

I do apologize for any misunderstanding and I thank you for your patience.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,
    Morris
  • brewejcbrewejc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't receive an e-mail but did receive a phone call from Kimberly (I assume one of his assistants).  She apologized for the delay (ours has been well over a year . . . beyond the contracted term) and promised a link by the end of this week.  I'm not holding my breath and am ready to pursue legal action should we hear nothing from them this week.  We, too, have already filed a complaint with the BBB in Houston and have other legal options we are considering should he delay once again.  I'll keep you posted.
  • edited December 2011
    We are now almost 3 weeks past our "promised" date for our product. I have found 2 others who also are having the same problem. I encouraged them to also report him to BBB. Let me know if you receive anything. I'm also beginning to wonder if we will receive the true amount of photos promised and the quality he has shown in the past. 
  • brewejcbrewejc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did receive our link to the pictures as promised last week.  We should be receiving CDs next week with the digital negatives.  We will see how that goes.
  • jjurkovijjurkovi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having the same issue! I got married May 2010 and we are past our one year contract date. I did receive my digital negatives in May -  just before the one year mark. However, I have been told multiple times that my albums are on the way too. Kimberly is normally very helpful and responsive, but she has stopped responding to my calls as well. This whole process has been unbelievingly frustrating and I cannot believe how unprofessional Morris acts. I would not reccommend him to anyone! Please let me know if you take legal action, because I am considering going along that path as well.
  • edited December 2011

I have not heard anything from Morris since the previously posted email dated 5/2/11. We have not received digital negatives. We also have not been contacted to book the contracted "spring" bridals...

BREWEJC- Can you update us on your product and contract? Did you receive only negatives or also copies of pictures/books? Did you receive the appropriate amount of photos taken at ceremony?

Did any of you have bridals with Morris?

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any updates from anyone? He has gone completely MIA again. You think I would get used to it, but it is soooo frustrating. I got an email about a month ago that my album layout was delayed due to technical difficulties. He always has an excuse!! However, despite a promise I would hear from him by May 27, I have heard nothing! I call him, email him and call his assistant Kimberly and get nothing in return. I am just curious if anyone has heard from him in the past few weeks. I really think Kim must have quit because she was so responsive before and probably got sick of putting up with his BS. I have contacted my lawyer and he is looking at the contract and our previous contacts. Will keep you all posted! Oddly, it is comforting that there are others in the same boat. At first, I thought it was just me because i am in chicago and easy to ignore.
  • edited December 2011
    6 months is unacceptable for photography. If I were you guys I would file in Small Claims Court ASAP to get refunds. That is RIDICULOUS! The photos are digital. They are instant. If he needs 6 months to edit, then he needs to hire someone who can manipulate photoshop at a faster rate than he can. Total Scammer!

Maybe you can keep up with him on FB :https://www.facebook.com/MorrisMalakoffPhotography
  • brewejcbrewejc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for not replying before now.  Our contract was for fully edited images plus the digital negatives (I assume that is the original, untouched image), but no books or prints, etc.  Our daughter also had an engagement shoot AFTER the wedding (waited for the Spring flowers to be in bloom).  We did finally receive a link to the "fully edited images", although I question whether or not there was any editing done.  You would think that blemishes on the bride's face on a close-up shot would be a prime spot where "touching up" would take place.  Didn't happen there.  We have yet to receive the CD of the digital negatives so we can't really compare.  My daughter spent the better part of a day using Aperture to do her own editing of her favorite pics (a couple hundred of them) and is pleased with what she has.  I've been meaning to try to contact Kimberly or Morris and ask about the CDs but have not gotten around to doing that.  I will try to remember that tomorrow.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello all!
    We are 3 months away from our 1 year anniversary. No pictures to date. Still no word from Morris since the email I posted earlier. Has anyone received everything listed on their contract? Or is everyone still receiving the link to the pictures only? Has anyone past their 365 days taken it to court?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Still no response here as well. My last contact from him was in May. We got married 14 months ago!! This is soooooooooo frustrating!!!!!! I am going to contact a lawyer soon. I spoke with his assistant about two weeks ago and she assured me he was alive and still in business, but she also said he would call me. No such luck...He owes me three albums!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello everyone,
    So everyone check your email inboxes. I sent you all a message. We have not received a response to any of our emails or calls since MAY. I have nothing!!! No wedding proofs/negatives/photos/books......bridals never scheduled.....but he has his money! 
  • edited December 2011
    Morris Malakoff is a SCAM ARTIST and apparently a DRUG ADDICT. Our wedding pictures are terrible...blurry...lighting and color completely off!!! I seriously have seen better pictures from a point and shoot camera!!! We still do not have our picture CD's, photo prints, photo book, and bridal photo shoot. We have been scammed!!! I'm thinking of posting his picture on a billboard here in Houston with the title SCAM ARTIST.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow lorinicolebailey! You should probably be careful accusing a professional of being a drug addict in a public forum. It constitutes slander and is extremely serious, not to mention ignorantly presumptuous.

I had no problems whatsoever with my photos. The only "issue" I had, if one would even consider it, is that the editing process took longer than we had anticipated. Morris is highly compassionate about his work and as a result can be somewhat of a perfectionist.

Morris is not a drug dealer, nor is he a scam artist, as you say. If anyone would like to view his work, please visit: www.morrismalakoff.com and see for yourself in lieu of listening to someone who may be unhappy in other areas of thier lives.

Again, we loved our photos and I will post them for those in this form to review.

It is highly offensive that someone would be so ridiculous in thier accusations, especially since my ENTIRE family appreciated how kind, patient and discreet he was at our wedding.

Thank you!
  • Hazel12Hazel12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do NOT use him. He does not give you your pictures. We paid in full and it has been well over a year since our wedding. He also has stopped responding to phone calls and emails.
  • Hazel12Hazel12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At least you are contacting people. It's been over a year for us. Still NO pictures? Where is our message? Or better yet, where are the pictures?
  • Hazel12Hazel12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At least you are contacting people. It's been over a year for us. Still NO pictures? Where is our message? Or better yet, where are the pictures?
  • Hazel12Hazel12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Must be nice to have a good experience with him. I did too. Until I didn't and haven't received any of my wedding pictures. You know, one of the most important days of my life and I have NO pictures to capture our love and our families. It is a scam. He took our money and has our memories. Still holding out hope - it's been over a year.
  • My husband and I have been married 2 years! November 28, 2009 in Houston. Morris does a great job with pictures, but I think he overbooks himself. We are still waiting for the edited pictures to be mailed to us!! No contact yet with Morris or his assistant! My husband and I spent so much time trying to find the perfect photographer that would capture our wedding...and we are disappointed that we have no wedding pictures yet! If morris or his team is reading this plea, I ask that you please deliver our wedding pictures before the end of the year! You are not only affecting the bride and groom, but all family members involved-- some of whom have passed away since our wedding!
  • A friend of ours just received her book of wedding photos...it is beautiful!! We never received our book that we PAID for....we have never received any of our prints...Morris disappeared before any bridals could be done... He isn't overbooking himself..He is intentionally scamming people. We have been married almost 2 years and know we will never receive the service we paid for...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards