Arizona-Tucson

Affordable Photographers?

I live in Boston, and will be getting married in Tucson this July. My wedding and reception will be very small (40-50 people), and most likely very short. 

I am looking for a photographer who does good work and is affordable. Even someone who does it on the side would be perfect! I don't need an engagement session or a videographer.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Jodie.Freed@gmail.com

Re: Affordable Photographers?

• tmargie81tmargie81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi !
    I just got married in Tucson on January 8th. At first I didn't want a photographer but then I started considering it and it was the best decision ever!!!! I contacted Jacob Chinn and he is absolutely amazing! We just  got our pictures on Friday and we were so glad we did it. Our wedding was also very small 40 people and he made it so special. His website is www.jacobchinn.com and you wont regret it. He adjusted to our budget and was soo flexible. His pictures are artsy and just beautiful!!
    Hope this helps.
    Teresa
  • kissykeenkissykeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Elysewheeland.com.  She is free lance and will work with you.
  • t.kaufmant.kaufman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are meeting with Nikki from azphotosforchange.com. Haven't had our wedding yet, butI love her pics online and am very happy about the price. $75/hour. You get all the pics on a cd. No frills. But no extra charges.
  • jillmerrihuejillmerrihue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually am having a similar issue finding a photographer on a budget in Tucson! I'm so glad someone else asked the EXACT thing on my mind! Thank you to all of you who supplied ideas! I will definitely be checking those out as well! :)
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Travis Williams is great! I wanted him for my wedding, but he was already booked. :( traviswilliamsphotography.com . Thanks for some other places to look. I was getting really frustrated finding people I liked online only to discover they charge $4-$5k!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• autumnlonswayautumnlonsway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heather Dahle at delightful photo is awesome. I just booked her. She is trying to build her wedding portfolio and has amazing offers right now.
  • edited December 2011
    You simply must try Julie Jenkins.  She does photography on the side.  We were beside ourselves trying to find a photographer we could afford, very limited budget.  Then God sent us Julie.  She did an amazing job, took every moment and every detail you could imagine.  Her photos were absolutely gorgeous.  I was blown away.  This was for my daughter's wedding in August 2009.  Julie works at Centric Lab and can do magic for you for very little cost.  Give her a try.  You will not be sorry. Her number is 520-861-2825. She will beat everyone in cost--very affordable,
  • Leelinn25Leelinn25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Something  Blue.  They are in the middle price range, and worth every penny.  Two of my friends have used them.  I was in both weddings and I loved their pictures and how they worked so we decided to use them too.  They were super nice and I am extremely  excited about our wedding. 
  • edited December 2011
    I have to agree with  the post about Travis Williams. His pictures really are beautiful and he's such a nice person! 
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I ended up going with Kelly Rashka. She's a bit more than I wanted to pay ($2500) but her pictures are amazing and she is so down to earth and friendly that I know I will feel comfortable with her on my wedding day. www.kellyrashkasblog.com
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• kathy79kathy79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WWW.UNFORGETTABLEPICTURES.COM
    This is link to Sam and Angelika.  They are awsome!
  • edited December 2011
    Please try here.... http://www.sarahneyhart.com/. She just did my son's first year pics and I SOO wish I had hired her for my wedding instead of having to take Jim Reed to court.  So look for sarah and DO NOT HIRE JIM REED.

Sorry to go on a rant... but I really hate this guys for what he has done to me and other brides (see my other post on Photographer warning).
  • klangdorfklangdorf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this is about affordable, but to me, there is nothing worse than having bad wedding pictures.  I've been there and really wished I had jumped up to paying a GOOD photographer, not an affordable one.  There is a big difference between those that charge less than $2000, and those that start at $4000.  Still kicking myself this day that I skimped on the photos.
  • Leelinn25Leelinn25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it amazes me how many of these post's seem like the photography company is telling you to go to thier website.  total commercial........bluk
  • edited December 2011
    What's your budget?  I know Michael Chansley is one of the most affordable photographers in town that has excellent images.  Last I checked his packages ranged from $1000 - $2000.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards