Texas-Austin
Options

vendor reviews, 5-7-11

Wedding Planner: Boun Affare Events, Kristi Treadwell, A++++
She was absolutely fantastic, everything you want in a coordinator: prompt, organized, creative, has wonderful connections, follows-through, experienced. I only hired her for day of coordination yet she acted as a full-coordinator when I needed it.  She placed me in contact with her vendors (booked me a chevelle for our exit when all my contacts had failed me) and gave creative input where needed.  I felt like a celebrity! She handled every detail on the day of and it went off without a hitch due to her!

Venue: Driskill Hotel A++++
They have many different packages/rooms so don't assume the venue is out of your price range.  Included in the package is a complimentary hotel room for bride and groom night of reception, catoring, room fee, cakes, bar, valet parking...I wanted the hotel so I wouldn't have to worry about booking all those things separately and then having to coordinate it all.  The service was 5 star/first class!  All of our guests raved about the food. 

DJ: Altared, Christian A++
Christian was great.  He played the perfect mix of our music tastes--90's r&b, 80's pop, texas country and current hits.  He transitioned the different genres of music perfectly. He was a great emcee and was on top of our timeline all night. 

Transportation: Limos, Marriton, A+/B+
I was nervous about this limo comp b/c online reviews were mixed.  We had a limo pick us up and drive the girls to the salon.  He was early and got us to the church on time.  He even entertained the flowergirl while our hair was done. The limo was clean and service was great--A+.  We had a larger hummer take all the wedding party from the church to the reception.  The hummer was also early but not in as great of condition, only reason it gets a B+.  Overall, I was truly impressed and would hire this comp again.  

Photo Booth: Say Cheese, A
Everyone from adults to the children LOVED it!  Plus, hubby and I got an awesome scrapbook and a CD with video messages our guests left us.  Service was reliable and booth was clean.  

Flowers: Central Market, A
Very reasonable prices! The only drawback is that Donna can be difficult to get ahold of and doesn't use email. But she promptly returned every message I left and her work is absolutely beautiful. 

Bridesmaid Dresses: David's bridal, C
We got bridesmaids dresses there only.  The dresses themselves were comfortable, fit the girls well, and were worth the price.  However, service was horrible.  We booked an appointment and were basically ignored and given no guidance until we were ready to pay for the dresses. 

Photographer/Videographer: AL collective and Capital Wedding Viedo.  I have no prelim complaints with either.  I will post later once I get the final product.  AL Collective photography showed me some of their prelim photos as they took them and they were outstanding.  Can't wait to see the final product.

Make-up: Rochelle Ray, A
She was on-time; I had no complaints.  My make-up lasted well into the night.  She actually talked me out of airbrush make-up b/c i wouldn't be able to touch it up. Airbrush is more expenisive so it was refreshing that she actually wanted what was best for the client and not her pocketbook.

These reviews really helped me when I was planning my wedding so I wanted to help future brides by leaving my experience.  My other advice is to utilize clearance sales and black friday for wedding party gifts.  Also Hobby Lobby has periodical 50% off sales on all wedding products.  

Re: vendor reviews, 5-7-11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yea!! We have several of the same vendors! I am using Kristi Treadwell, Altared Weddings (DJ-Ryan, and videography services) and AL Collective. I am so glad to hear that you gave them all excellent ratings!!

Please post pics when you can, because we would love to see them on here! Congrats and thanks for the reviews!
  • Options
    blotter33blotter33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_vendor-reviews-5-7-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:126Discussion:887fe7f8-25ca-4d0b-893d-40ef90e6aa9bPost:a14d3a5f-f354-4721-9661-93dec7a64909">Re: vendor reviews, 5-7-11</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh yea!! We have several of the same vendors! I am using Kristi Treadwell, Altared Weddings (DJ-Ryan, and videography services) and AL Collective. I am so glad to hear that you gave them all excellent ratings!! Please post pics when you can, because we would love to see them on here! Congrats and thanks for the reviews!
    Posted by BabyBlueNTexas[/QUOTE]

My wedding was perfect! I have no complaints and I think you made great vendor choices ;)  I'll post pics when I get em.  I'm itching to see what AL produces!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards