Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

The Reveal

I was just watching "The Time Traveler's Wife" and during the wedding scene I noticed that while Rachel McAdams is walking down the isle, her husband has his back turned until she gets closer to him and then he turns around for "the reveal."

It seemed kind of neat that they are able to see each other for the first time up close without doing "the reveal" before the ceremony. Although it was a little weird that while she was walking down the isle is back was turned.

Has anyone every done something like this?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: The Reveal

• Options
    I havent seen this, (besides in the movie which btw was great and I cried my eyes out haha) but I'm not sure I would like that I am looking forward to walking down the asile looking at my FI and only him....and I like the idea of him watching me walk down towards him. But if you like it go for it! :)
  • Options
    Everyone else will be watching you walk down the isle... why not the groom?  Seems a little weird. Plus, everyone loves watching the groom's face when he first sees you coming through the doors to the isle (etc).  Romantic for a movie... definitely!  For real life?  Not for me.  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    Okay, I haven't seen the movie, but I've read the book, and I'm pretty sure the big surprise there was supposed to be that the groom was actually a future version of himself, yeah?  Presumably you don't have that issue, so I don't see the point.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards