Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Ceremony Location Hell :( Help?

Hi guys, Merry Christmas :)

I'm trying to find a location for a ceremony that won't cost and arm & a leg in Lancaster, PA & the immediate surrounding area.  More than half the guest list is coming from very far away and we are trying to minimize travel.  Our reception site has abysmal ceremony options.

I was raised Protestant, Ithan raised Jewish and... christian...?  I think his mom was catholic, but she may be wiccan too.  (I'm not kidding).
Let's put it this way, when asking him, this is the convo:
Me: okay so if your mom was/is catholic, and you celebrate christmas but join in the catholic jokes with me, what do you consider yourself if anything?
for the purposes of the msg i am posting.
Him: jewish.  lol.  emphysis on the ish
Me: you are celebratig christmas!!!!!
Him: so
Me: ?!?
Him:  :D
Me:  You are killing me.  Good enough.

(He's stationed in Cuba right now, so we're on Aim.)

Anyway, this is what I'm deaing with, lol.  Can anybody recommend a beautiful non-denominational church that Ithan won't burst into flames upon entering?  Or a pretty ceremony site that won't break the bank?

Thank you all :)
So every sweet with sour is tempered still that maketh it be coveted the more For easy things that may be got at will most sorts of men do set but little store. Why then should I account of little pain That endless pleasure shall unto me gain?

Re: Ceremony Location Hell :( Help?

• Options
    mo0nangelmo0nangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what is your budget for the reception and number of guests?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mo0nangelmo0nangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Willow Valley is a good option, it has a chapel and you can have the reception right there in one of their ballrooms. And your guests can stay there :)
    It was one of my options, but I'm a Christian so we're having the ceremony at my fiancé's family's Church and the reception at the Eden Resort, which is good cause guests can stay there.
    But I definitely recommend a hotel for the reception so your guests can stay there, they always get discounts, and you wont have to worry about transportation. hope it helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the Lancaster Host Resort and they have a beautiful spot on their golf course, surrounded by flowers and such, with a set up for weddings. It is very beautiful and we were going to get married there but our parents have requested a church wedding. If your reception is there, it's very inexpensive to use the space.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    CLMaiorinoCLMaiorino member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our wedding at the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in downtown Lancaster, but our reception is at the Revere Tavern which is in Paradise.  it's about 5 minutes past the Outlets.  They are VERY reasonable- $57/ person  It includes dinner, open bar, appetizers, cake, floral centerpieces,champagne toatst,  your room for the night and an Italian dessert buffet.  They have a hotel right on the spot, and the food is really yummy.  A coworker of mine was married in one half of the banquet room, and then opened it up for the reception.  This would work for a smaller wedding. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am pretty sure that Nevin Chapel at Franklin & Marshall is non-denominational, but I'm not sure if you are able to use it if you aren't an alumni.  Where is your current reception site?
  • Options
    writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I'm the only one who read the original post this way, but it sounds like OP already has a reception site? If so, where is your reception site? What time of year are you getting married? Would you consider an outdoor ceremony or must the ceremony take place in a church?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hlora953hlora953 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I'm getting married at Riverdale Manor and it is beautiful. They have multiple spots for ceremony.. inside the ballroom, outside in the pavillon, or out along the river the the tree! Awesome choice because you can do your ceremony and reception all in one spot not having to make your guests travel. Not sure when you are getting married, in the summer months it is a bit pricer--as with any venue-- but in the fall and spring months i think it is decently priced i dont have the prices right in front of me but you pick your menu and there is no minimum in spring/fall so you can plan accordingly.
    hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards