Hawaii
Options

Kahala Hotel

So we're getting married at Waialae country club which is like 2 blocks away from the fancy kahala resort (with the dolphins!). We thought we should stay there since the club can get a golf cart to take us and we won't worry about transportation and it'd be nice to stay at an upscale resort since we're usually so budget conscious. My mom said she would book it but it's $380 a night kamaaina rate!! Do you think it's worth it? We could stay in a nice waikiki hotel for less than half that! That's probably our back up since it's 4 miles away and we don't really want to be travel to the hotel after a long day . am i just being stingy about something that i should give more attention to? what would you do?
Ben & Jenn Nov 27, 2010 Oahu
Planning Bio

Re: Kahala Hotel

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was considering Waialae CC too, and if I went with it, I totally would have stayed at The Kahala Reseort.  Even though it is pricey, it will save on transportation costs and will be convenient.  On top of that, being outside of Waikiki will be much more relaxing.  And I hate to sound like a commercialized wedding vendor, but it's your wedding...f there was a good time to splurge, this would be it!  Have your mom mention that it's your wedding...maybe they'll throw in a free upgrade or something ;)

But ultimately, do what you feel comfortable with.  If you're normally budget conscious and couldn't imagine spending $380 for a hotel room without obsessing over it, then it may not be worth it.  I don't know if this helps at all...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i completely agree with jamie. we were thinking of there as well. my dad had his wedding there and stayed there the night before and night. GOR-GEOUS.

if you are comfortable spending that for 1-2 nights, DO IT! it's your wedding. :) we're splurging (a whole sh*t-ton) on our honeymoon. but it's once in a lifetime! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're splurging on Kahala. We had actually decided it was too expensive but my mom would here none of our arguments and wants us to live it up at her expense lol. this wedding is just getting more and more awesome!
    Ben & Jenn Nov 27, 2010 Oahu
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay, Mom!  Enjoy the splurge!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards