Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

South Metro Ideas?

I am looking for an outdoor wedding ceremony site combined with a nearby hotel reception site. Preferably south of the cities or in msp or st. paul. Hotels aren't as hard to find...but a nice outdoor site seems to be tougher.

I'd also be open to a site that could combine both an outdoor ceremony and a reception if there was a hotel within walking distance. (and if the site won't blow my budget!!)

Any ideas?? Thanks!

Re: South Metro Ideas?

• Options
    Mississippi Dunes in Cottage Grove has a really nice outdoor ceremony area right on the Mississippi with a gazebo etc.  Check out their website for pictures.  I am doing my ceremony and reception there but the reception is indoors.  There is a shuttle to the nearest hotel.  

Now with that said it's a very nice venue but their customer service so far is sub-par and they keep switching coordinators.  Worth looking into though.

GL

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There is a place called Scherer gardens in eagan you could use for your ceremony.  Or The Eagan community center has a beautiful outdoor space for the ceremony.  You can also use the community center for your reception too. Hotel are close to both locations I believe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How many people are you planning on?  I'm getting married at Schaar's bluff gathering center in Hastings and it's absolutely gorgeous (80 capacity I think).  There are no hotels within walking distance though.
  • Options
    Crystal lake golf course in Lakeville is very nice for the outdoor ceremony and you could hold your reception there. The hotel is only a few miles away and i believe they shuttle.
  • Options
    The Wilds in Prior Lake has a beautiful outdoor terrace, and then a banquet hall inside for the reception. Mystic Lake is 2 minutes from it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_south-metro-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:a9ac81bf-4afd-4869-86b0-1a92d6e8d323Post:b65d70dd-5b57-4f3f-9648-1e8b5c0876db">Re: South Metro Ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Crystal lake golf course in Lakeville is very nice for the outdoor ceremony and you could hold your reception there. The hotel is only a few miles away and i believe they shuttle.
    Posted by agrubb88[/QUOTE]

This.  I got married here and it was lovely. People kept commenting on how great the food was.  They have a patio for the ceremony and then the reception room is attached. American Inn has a shuttle for guests.  Please let me know if you would like more information or pro pics.
  • Options
    Crystal Lake Golf Course, The Legends, Lakeville Holiday Inn has a newly renovated room, Brackett's Crossing, Stonebrooke - check out the link below.  There are a ton of South Metro options.
    http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/Minnesota-Wedding-Venues/Profiles/CAR/004
  • Options

We had our reception at Stonebrooke Golf Course in Shakopee.  While we did not have our ceremony there I know they offer it.  The area the ceremonies are done is beautiful!  We LOVED Stonebrooke for our reception.

June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards