Hawaii
Options

Need help with finding accessories

Any recs on where to get stuff? 

Some of the things I am looking for is a bustier (having trouble finding one with a smooth front) and chandelier earrings (maybe some that aren't too heavy). 

Also is there a type of Spanx style you would recommend? I will be wearing a mermaid gown. I am not sure if the ones that look like strapless dresses will work or maybe the ones like shorts. Thanks for your help!
Anniversary

Re: Need help with finding accessories

• Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry if this is a strange question, but what size bra do you wear and what size waist do you have? If you're the same size as me, I have a smooth front bustier I bought from Davids Bridal and never wore.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any high quality lingerie shops in your area? I've had the best results going to places like that rather than shopping from a department store or VS.
  • Options
    jessj336jessj336 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Kaesha. I believe there is an intimacy store in Scottsdale so not sure how far away from you that is. I shop at the NYC store all the time and the ladies that work there are super helpful and I know they mentioned the last time to meet that they could help me with bridal undergarments so you might want to give them a try.

http://myintimacy.com/
    Anniversary
  • Options
    lorena224lorena224 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Brea - I wish my waist was anywear near as tiny as yours. Thank you though.  :)  I am also pretty busty and depending on the bra, I am either a full 36D or 34DD.

Kaesha and Jess thanks for the sugestions, I work in Scottsdale and pass near Scottsdale Fashion Square (where Intimacy is located) to and from work all the time so I will have to stop in next time. 

I was looking into VS and Nordstrom and couldn't find what I was looking for. Thank you!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I emailed the Spanx customer service asking about what style to wear under my dress and they suggested the slimplicity high waist shaper.  I'm also wearing a mermaid-ish style dress that is totally not forgiving to the figure and this was the best suggestion with a seamless front.  Just going with a strapless bra but I'm not very busty (34B).

Spanx also sent me a link to their bridal brochure which may be helpful to you, too.  Or just email them like I did.  They actually got back to me within a couple of hours (I was shocked to say the least)!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a huge fan of the high waist Spanx shaper.  I found that the top slipped and rolled just enough to make my clothes look worse.  I definitely recommend trying it before the wedding day.  Also realize that Spanx (or most additional levels of shapeware) will make it VERY hot / sweaty under your dress.  I highly recommend trying everything out before you settle on it.

Also, is it possible just to have cups sewn into your dress so no bra is needed?  That prevents you from having a separate element to 'tug' on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards