Catholic Weddings

NWR: lent bible readings

For Lent this year I want to take time each night to read my bible. Does anyone have any suggestions for a website that has daily reading suggestions for the season of Lent? I've never really read the bible before (other than the readings during Mass) so I'm not sure where to start other than at the very beginning. I'd like to focus my readings the events leading up to Easter. Thank you!
Photobucket

Re: NWR: lent bible readings

• I'm doing the same, but I'm just using the daily Mass readings - I figure they should be tailored enough towards Lent. You can get them at catholic.org or have them emailed to you (which I just realized, so that should make things easier for me).
    Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. -1Peter 4:8
  • I have always enjoyed doing daily mass readings, even when I don't get to mass.

In a homily last year, a priest challenged his parishoners to read an entire gospel during Lent to get a great overview of the totality of Jesus' life and sacrifice, which I also think is a great idea if you're trying to get in better touch with scripture. Adimittedly, I failed miserably last year, but I'm doing significantly better this year (so far). :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • While in  college, the campus ministry had "small faith groups" that used little books written by Mark Link, SJ.   I then used his books again well after college & discovered he has a website, too.

He lists the gospel for each day, along with a short scenario or story, and questions to think about/meditate on.   On the left hand side of the page,  he has an opening prayer (in groups this is what we used to open the group with each meeting).

II had the chance to meet him a few years ago, and he's the nicest man!   He also wrote various textbooks used in high school and college theology classes.

Here is the website: Staygreat.com

BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards