Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Review of The Royal Playa del Carmen

I've seen a few posts asking for reviews of this resort, so I wanted to share our recent honeymoon experience to The Royal Playa del Carmen (clicky).

Service is clearly a huge priority here - the staff was always smiling and willing to go above and beyond for guests. We were greeted with cold towels and welcome drinks at the "Romance Concierge" desk, and had some special honeymoon treats waiting in our room (champagne, cake, apples, wine, and rose petals and towel animals on the bed). Our room was beautifully decorated and had a lovely balcony with a hammock; great for reading and listening to the crashing waves, and the in-room jacuzzi was also a nice amenity. 

The facilities and grounds are beautiful, clean and extremely well-maintained, and the beach was breathtaking - white sugar sand and turquoise water. It was a huge plus to be located in the heart of Playa del Carmen, only a block away from 5th Avenue. We walked around this popular area nearly every night after dinner and felt extremely safe; it was nice to get out of the resort and into the local culture. 

If there was any disappointment with our stay at The Royal, it was the food. Our meals were not necessarily bad, but somewhat average and lacking in certain details - overcooked seafood, under-seasoned dishes, lukewarm temps, etc. However, eating breakfast al fresco next to the beach was a definitely highlight each morning! 

Overall, we thought it was a good value and an excellent location for our honeymoon - I would definitely recommend it to others.
Anniversary

Re: Review of The Royal Playa del Carmen

• Options
    thanks a bunch. I just booked and it is always good to hear a review that lets you know you made the right choice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Glad you had a grat time. We're going there for our honeymoon.
    227 Invited image
    136 Ready to party image
    91 Won't be attending image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards