California-San Diego
Options

Los Willows Wedding Venue

Planning to see Los Willows Estate in Fallbrook, CA.

What questions are necessary to ask at all venues that I see? Im a newly engaged bride to be so I'll take any advice when it comes to checking out venues.

thanks!

Re: Los Willows Wedding Venue

• Options
    LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure someone else will have more to expand upon but off the top of my head:

-How many people can your venue accomodate with the seating style you would like
    -What are the minimums for your date (some venues require a minimum guest count, especially if the rate you are being charged is per person)
    -What insurance will you need to purchase on top of the fee they are quoting. Clean up fee?
    -What does the fee include (catering? bar staff? rentals for tables / glassware / china / silverware? does it include linens and what is the selection like?)
    -Some venues also include cake / dj / lighting etc. and others do not. Those are typically basic services which you may want to upgrade. You also may already have vendors in mind you'd like to use and don't want to be stuck being FORCED to use theirs.
    -Can you bring in your own caterer (if you want to)
    -Can you supply your own alcohol (if not how is alcohol charged)
    -What are the time frames associated with your rental
    -How much is adding on additional time and is there a time at which you cannot go past?
    -How early can you arrive on the wedding day (you as the bride and also vendors for set up or family members etc setting up decor)?
    -What is the back up plan in case of bad weather?
    -What are typical upgrades that couples do at that venue
    -Is there a parking fee?
    -what are the duties of the on site coordinator. What will he/she NOT do?
    -Who is responsible for setup and breakdown? When do all of your things need to be off the property?
    -Will more than one wedding occur on their property that day?

:)
    Hope this is helpful!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not really answering your question, but Los Willows is GORGEOUS! My friend got married there in March. :) Beautiful venue!

I agree with all the questions the PP suggested, though!
    March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon - Undecided (NYC or DC)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oo! I just thought of another excellent question that my photographic background should have thought of the first time around. :) What is the ceremony time???? If you and your future husband do not want to see each other prior to the ceremony make sure there is at LEAST one hour after the ceremony END time for photography before the sun sets on your date. Otherwise it will be dark dark dark and photos will be bad! Some venues have a set start time for the ceremony (particularly venues that host more than one event per day) some are flexible. 
  • Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Los Willows is very pretty, but there are a lot of little expenses that add up there.  If you like Los Willows, you should check out Grand Tradition too. Both are beautiful and quoted me almost identical prices ( I didn't go with either because they had some hidden costs and time constraints that didn't work well for me).  You will love them though!  Have so much fun starting your venue search!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh man if it was in my budget, Los Willows would have been my first choice. Good luck with the wedding :]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Los Willows next August! Everyone there has been sooo nice and super helpfull. I've experienced no hidden costs.  The little stuff does add up tho.
  • Options
    g1982g1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What time does a wedding at Los Willows have to end by? I've also been looking at it and it's gorgeous. 
  • Options
    cmorino12cmorino12 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_los-willows-wedding-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:64Discussion:ff9cc49a-c1d9-457f-b187-8a66fe7c212aPost:7de2243b-4645-48f9-9d03-e1d36a8e6b6d">Re: Los Willows Wedding Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man if it was in my budget, Los Willows would have been my first choice. Good luck with the wedding :]
    Posted by shelby_louis_2011[/QUOTE]

Same here. I would have a hard time between Los Willows and Grand Tradition
    Our Wedding Bio kosakwedding.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards