Maine

The Bethel Inn

Does anyone have feedback on the Bethel Inn? I just got a packet from them in the mail, the prices seem reasonable, the food looks great, and the grounds and rooms look beautiful! Any info would be awesome :]

Re: The Bethel Inn

• edited December 2011
    There have been a couple girls who got married there and I believe the feedback was positive.

However, FI and I stayed there last spring for a weekend and were disappointed. The whole place had a tired, run-down feel to it. We stayed in a two-room suite with a gas fireplace and a balcony. The room seemed somewhat outdated, the toilet leaked the whole time so your feet always got wet when you went to the bathroom, and the walls were thin so in the middle of the night we got woken up by our neighbors and actually took the mattress off the bed and put it on the floor in the other room so we could sleep.

The fireplace and balcony were awesome though! But for $250 a night in the off-season, we just didn't think it was worth it. I don't know what their wedding facilities are like, though.

The area is beautiful, though. Our favorite part of the trip was dinner at the Phoenix House, near Sunday River. A beautiful restaurant with great food! If you do get married in Bethel, I'd say book that place for your RD :) (They actually do weddings there too, but I emailed asking for price info, and they wanted me to call, and I just never did. I figured it was out of our price range anyways).

GL!
    Anniversary
  • jdenormandiejdenormandie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are very reasonable with their rates....and you can rent their lake house...yes a cabin on the lake with deck and everything....for $150 if you want to do your rehersal dinner there. Its beautiful.

My cousin worked in housekeeping for one season there. She told me they take their weddings very seriously because its one of their main sources of income.  I've been there twice to speak with Mary (the coordinator) and shes very flexible/easy to work with.

I have some pictures of the space if you would like to see. Email me @ jdenormandie@gmail.com
  • JaimeMarieBJaimeMarieB member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard they are so so.  I have never been to a wedding there.  So just because the person I hard it from didn't like it doesn't mean someone else wouldn't love it.

have you checked out Sunday River and the Grand Sumitt hotel?  I had my wedding there and loved it. 

Also, in bethel the Victoria Inn makes wonderful cakes, and Design's By Janet for flowers did a wonderful job on my flowers.  And she was 500 dollars cheaper then the place in West Bethel.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards