November 2012 Weddings

How many guests?

Just throwing out some random chit chit that I don't think has been discussed.

How many people did you invite to your wedding?  How many people are actually coming?  If you don't have all of your responses back yet, how many people do you expect?

We invited 205 people and we expected around 180 to actually attend.  Our final count is 172 (assuming that the one person who hasn't responded yet is coming).  

I'm kind of bummed, because we budgeted for 190.  Although it's nice that we'll be saving money on the 18 people we budgeted for but aren't coming, I wish we could still invite more people.  There were so many additional people that we would've liked to add, but couldn't due to budget restrictions.  Oh well, it is what it is!
21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How many guests?

• I'm totally in the same boat!  Although we are still getting RSVP's back.  We invited 194 and as of right now we have 102 yes's and 24 no's.  Some of the people who said no we were really expecting to come and now we are disappointed because we were budgeting for 175 and it doesn't look like we are going to even come close and there are others we would had really liked to have invited but could not because of our budget.  

I guess at this point it is what it is but it's still disappointing.  
  • we invited 270, but our max in the venue is 250. we knew that we would have a pretty high decline rate because FI's family is from rochester NY and the wedding is in pittsburgh, and not everyone will want to travel. right now only about half the responses are back (they are due oct 12). we have a 20% decline rate so far, so we are expecting about 220. that works for us! but last night i just invited 2 more friends of mine who i hadnt talked to in a long time but since we got together and i know we have the space, i asked them to come. i think if there are people who you know would be honored or excited to come and not offended that you waited until later to ask them, then it would be ok to do that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_how-many-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:2ad88ef1-a8c7-40a0-8dff-fa5133578491Post:c6834d78-c053-4353-baa4-b0138c68f4af">Re: How many guests?</a>:
    [QUOTE]we invited 270, but our max in the venue is 250. we knew that we would have a pretty high decline rate because FI's family is from rochester NY and the wedding is in pittsburgh, and not everyone will want to travel. right now only about half the responses are back (they are due oct 12). we have a 20% decline rate so far, so we are expecting about 220. that works for us! but last night i just invited 2 more friends of mine who i hadnt talked to in a long time but since we got together and i know we have the space, i asked them to come. <strong>i think if there are people who you know would be honored or excited to come and not offended that you waited until later to ask them, then it would be ok to do that.</strong>
    Posted by jam+1231[/QUOTE]

<div>Unfortunately, we don't know anyone who wouldn't be offended by a late invite.  We're fine with our 172 guests though!</div><div>
    </div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well mine is all in my ticker.  We invited 184, so far 148 are coming and we are waiting on 4 people to get back to us - 1 couple depends on health and the other couple just had a baby so they are up in the air for now.  We had figured 120 or so would come, maybe 130, so this is a higher response rate than we figured, an 80% yes rate. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • We invited 170 and we have 122 yes right now...

Still waiting on some responses.
  • We invited 253, so far it looks like will have about 225.  We are still waiting on the last stragglers for the RSVPs. 
  • We invited 180 if you count plus ones. Since we are having a semi-destination wedding and most of our friends are single we aren't expecting more than 100. I hope we have around 90.

So far we have 47 confirmed but the RSVP deadline isn't until the 15th.
  • Invited 124 I think, sofar 68 yes 41 no, just a few people left to answer me, we're probably thinking about 75 are going to be there.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Our RSVP deadline isn't until the 15th, so we only have about a third of the responses.

We invited 140, hoping to be under 120.  It looks like we will definitely be under 120, maybe closer to 100-110.
    We Do - Since November 3, 2012
  • We still have about 3 weeks until our RSVP deadline, but we invited almost 240 and are expecting about 180. Right now we're at about 66 yeses, but we are getting more almost every day. 
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We invited 88, 60 of them are coming, 20 aren't, and 8 haven't responded.
  • We sent out 120 invitations....172 people comind so far. We've only had a few decline.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We only invited about 50 - keeping it small - right now about 35 total but still waiting on a few RSVPs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello, we invited 97 people but only had to send 56 invites because of couples/families. We've received responses so far that 40 people are coming, 1 declined and I know one other person who cannot come because she sent me a text. Waiting on the rest to reply and our deadline is Oct.20th.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My RSVP due date was Oct. 1st so we have just a small list to track down answers from still. We invited about 145...we added a couple people here and there so I'm not 100% sure on the final number was. So far we are looking at about 125 total guests. That's a pretty good turn out I think. We budgeted for 140 so we are happy to save a bit of money. Only 37 days left ladies!!! I can't believe how time is flying. My shower and bachelorette party are next weekend and I am SO excited! :) Hope you all are having a wonderful week so far.
  • We invited 214. I expected that about 150-175 would come but budgeted for more (over half are out of state guests). So far we have 74 yes and 20 no and A LOT of people to hear back from in the next week. Looking at some of the no's I'm going to guess that we only hit about 130 now. Although it's nice to save money, I definitely wish we had invited a few people that we didn't. Oh well. What's annoying though is people not sending their rsvps back. Especially when someone else tells you.."Oh so and so isn't coming." Well send it to me if you know you aren't coming! I'm not going by second hand info on this!!
    "When life hands you lemons, make a beef stew." Andy Milinokis
  • We invited 38 and expect about 30.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • One couple just cancelled so we are at 146 again now.  Rather cancel now than after the headcount is due!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • When we made our guest list we included families and +1's since we have a very strict guest limit. We told everyone beforehand that we could only have 100 people including the wedding party. We sent out 48 invites for an assumed 94 guests. We planned on between 60-70 guests attending. So far 56 YES and I think 12 NO. There were some families that are leaving their teens at home and the rest of the RSVPs tha we haven't gotten are from wildland firefighters that are still on assignments. 
    A and B
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well, I lost track of my guest list because I cut it and then fi wanted me to add those people back on.  I am budgeting for 150-160 guests and have closer to 200 (maybe more) that I invited.  SOme can't come.  SO far, no solid rsvp's except for my family that bought their plane tickets.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards