Outdoor Weddings

lanters in big tents

I am renting a 20' x 40' tent and am not sure how many lanterns to get and if they should be all big ones or all different sizes.

Re: lanters in big tents

• Totally do different sizes, it will make a nice effect. If you do 6in 8in and 10in that would be really cute. You could put the 10 inch ones in 3 straight lines down and then alternate with the 6 and 8 in ones on either side. 

If my math is correct you would need around 140 large ones and then more of the small ones....IT ADDS UP!

Instead, I am doing two 6 in and one 8 in at each table hanging above the table. it is just enough for my room and comes at a much smaller cost than filling the whole ceiling. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My parents own a tent company. I am having a 40x100 pole tent, and I have 40 lanterns. I want mine to be in the center of the tent. they range in size from 12 in to 24 inch. It really depends on the look you are going for.

Also, Check to see if the tent company will hang them for you. It is a total pain and they may not, so you need to be ready to do them yourself.

Best of luck in your planning

• I would go for larger lanterns- especially if you are hanging them high. We had all 14" ones (on sale at Pier1 or else we would have done varying sizes). I wanted them grouped together at the major tent pole intersections. The guys (H and crew) only hung 6 out of the 30 I bought, so no organization of lanterns what-so-ever. I'd recommend hanging them the day before, even if they have a light in them. We were worried about the light burning out, so we did them the morning of, and that ended up not working out so well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards