Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

If you could plan your wedding again ---

would you do it the same as you are now?

Some days I think I would - Others I love it the way I am planning it now.

If I had to do it all over again I think I would switch Purple for Bright Blue. I picked a very bright Purple that has been hard to match for invites etc.

Re: If you could plan your wedding again ---

• Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Find a reception hall with open catering and open liquor or actually research the catering costs at a venue before committing!
  • Options
    bellaxanthebellaxanthe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Less expesive venue. It is completely stressing me out. And I wouldn't buy a dress on the first day. I'd have a longer engagement and get married under better weather circumstances.

But I'm glad it will be over soon. I'm anxious and just want  to be normal again.
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I would have pushed harder to have a local wedding. I really love the thought of getting married on Lake Superior but I hate feeling so guilty about making everyone travel. I understand that none of the local venues were to our liking but at some point I think we could have made something work and it would have been a lot easier. Oh well... we are under contract now so it would cost way too much money to cancel now. It is going to be a gorgeous site so I can't dwell on it. It really came down to finding a place my FI would connect with. He was against everything I had shown him until we walked into that site!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know that I would change it, but I would probably add more to it.  I keep seeing all you ladies with all these great new ideas (the names twisted in wire hangers still has me spitting jealous), and I wish I would have done them.  DH says we had no more closet space for extra projects though.  :( 

Now I have to live vicariously through you and my friends.  My PA is getting married this April and is having her receptino at the Varsity.  Oh yeah, and it's freaking JAMES BOND THEMED.  So jealous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I woud absolutely LOVE to get married on the beach in So. Cal.  That was our family's vacation destination of choice.. I've spent so much time there that I refer to that as our "cabin" instead of having a cabin on a lake in MN. Anyways, my dream was always to get married there but FI and his fam said absolutely not... (huge fam/close knit/small town) I am so happy to celebrate with all of them but I still wish we could have had a destination wedding :)

June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Most of the time I think we're doing it all right, but I still get freaked out by how much every little thing costs.  The big thing I'd change is being more serious about losing the weight I wanted to lose before the wedding, but I hate dieting.

Sometimes I wish that we'd just elope in Vegas or something.  It'd cost way less and probably be a lot more fun.
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I think I would have decided " to hell with it" and gone and eloped.  The drama that my DH's family caused has mostly subsided but a year later, one of his cousins we didn't invite because my DH has literally met him once in his life was getting all pissy about not being invited. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would have done a destination wedding in the Dominican.

no lie.
  • Options
    debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have invited fewer people, made sure to spend more time with my parents AND my new husband at the reception, and taken a longer honeymoon (we did a minimoon and are doing the real thing in a year or so). 

But, at the same time, hindsight is 20-20 and the whole wedding shebang was one fantastic thing.
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing ladies! Glad I'm not alone -  In the End I know its going to be amazing! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would change my colors from yellow and gray to peach and gold!  I saw some inspiration boards and LOVED that color combination!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_could-plan-wedding-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:30799e73-716d-4e10-a383-e4fc4a7a1c1bPost:36b1cd33-4e09-4b3b-b3eb-a17e300e04db">Re: If you could plan your wedding again ---</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would change my colors from yellow and gray to peach and gold!  I saw some inspiration boards and LOVED that color combination!
    Posted by kmfors[/QUOTE]

<div>See, I think yellow and gray is the bomb-diggity. :)</div>
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kmfors, I am doing yellow and gray too!!  I would love to hear about some of your details and anything that you might be selling when you are done!!  :)  Do you have a bio??

My Planning Bio Updated 9.2.11
    My New House Bio! Updated 5.8.11
    image 356 Invited image 144 will be there! image 212 missing out image 0 holding up the show

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    golden1215golden1215 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I honestly wouldnt have changed a thing.  I loved my 30 person wedding in a garden and dinner at Jax Cafe.  I loved my $199 dollar dress I got off ebay.  I loved that we didnt waste money on flowers for every freaking parent, or favors since no one ever cares about them, or a videographer...
  • Options
    kristigileskristigiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I would've done without a lot of the corsages and bouts.  those were expensive and died fast in the August heat!  Other than that though, I don't think I would change much.  I was really happy with how everything turned out!

Shan87....trust me on this, blue is no easier to match!  I had suuuuch a hard time with that!  You never realize how many million shades of blue there are until you have to match one specific shade!  ugh.
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kristigiles : thanks. I was talking with one of my BM and she told me she was glad I stuck with Purple as it looks good on her. haha
  • Options
    IzzygrimIzzygrim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have tried harder at losing weight. Like someone else said in a different post, I wish DH and I would have been like tied together at the reception. Luckily we got to slow dance a few times and got to sit through most of dinner together, but it was harder than I thought to spend the reception with him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really loved how everything I was able to execute turned out. That said, I wish I would have had more help so that I could implement more of my ideas....IOW, I wish I would have hired a planner from the beginning, especially since I was an OOT bride.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would have waited until later to ask my BP. And I definitely would have picked colors easier to match....what a PITA!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_could-plan-wedding-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:30799e73-716d-4e10-a383-e4fc4a7a1c1bPost:80cb6260-abbb-4fb2-9aaa-4d8cb08d6f12">Re: If you could plan your wedding again ---</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would have invited fewer people, made sure to spend more time with my parents AND my new husband at the reception
    Posted by debbieupper[/QUOTE]

<div>This. Exactly. Dave and I split up to work the crowd (we were going to have a receiving line at the reception but the venue opened it's doors early, foiling our plans) and I felt torn between dancing and talking to people. In the end, dancing won, but I felt like I hardly saw my parents or husband. A smaller guest list would have been a better fit for us.</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards