Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Groom Cake advice

Is a Groom Cake supposed to be a suprise for the groom or do i coordinate w/ my FI to see what he wants?  I already have an idea of what i wan to do for him, just not sure if i'm supposed to implement it w/o him knowing.
Thanks!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Groom Cake advice

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The original idea was that it was just different.  Now, lots of folks make it a surprise.  You can do either way.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am surprising my groom at the reception with his groom's cake. He has no idea and I cannot wait to see his reaction to his basketball-themed cake!

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to surprise FI at first but then got too excited and just told him. If you think he will love your idea, then just surprise him.
  • Options
    chickenbut143chickenbut143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I'm going to *try* to suprise him.  Like you CMP, I'm the worst at that stuff when i'm excited!  :)  I want to do a Redskin's helmet!    
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to surprise him, but I need to come up with a new idea.  He knows he's getting one, and he casually mentioned he doesn't want a World of Warcraft cake.  Ugh.  That, of course, was what I'd had in mind. 
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to surprise FI with one, but he saw one on a wedding show and demanded that I make him one. So now he is making his own, lol.
  • Options
    rascal17rascal17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would surprise mine but Im not letting him have any imput on the wedding cake so he gets to fully design his. (I make wedding cakes so I will be making ours and I am very emotionally attatched to it and refuse to compromise on the design :P)
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had him pick out the flavor (he said carrot cake was his favorite vegetable :) )But I surprised him with a topper I bought off ebay. Bride and groom with the groom wearing a redskin helmet.  He really liked it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards