Students

Supporting Yourself While Student Teaching

Hi ladies!

It's been a while since I posted on this board, partially since I graduated and I'm sort of in student limbo while waiting to hear from grad schools! I recently decided to apply to a Master's in the Art of Teaching program that I'm in love with, and I'm almost positive I'll get in. One of the best parts is that my fiance and I would be able to get married next year instead of 2014 if I did it! 

My biggest concern, however, is how I'll support myself while student teaching, since that's a full-time unpaid job. From June to December of this year I'd just be in classes, and my student teaching would begin in January of 2013. I could save up money until then, but I'm still unemployed and really struggling to find work. I actually have a lot of money saved up, but it's all set aside for the wedding and I don't want to touch it.

So, how did those of you who have student taught do it? How are you doing it, if you're doing it now? TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone

Re: Supporting Yourself While Student Teaching

• Not possible from my stand point. That's why I'm moving back home and living with my parents while I student teach. Major props to those of you who do but I can't spread myself that thin (to student teach and hold a job) or expect my parents to pay all my bills.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards