Louisiana-New Orleans

Booking a Catholic church in the city

Hi, does anyone know how far before you are allowed to book your ceremony? Do you have to wait until 12 months before to book? ( I am considering Catholic churches in the city such as: Holy Name of Jesus, St. Joseph, St. John the Baptist, and others like those) so if any of you have booked with them or have checked it out, I'd appreciate it!! Thanks so much!

Re: Booking a Catholic church in the city

• edited December 2011
    My church is Holy Name, and I had to wait til 18 months out to book. 
  • edited December 2011
    I booked my church in december of 2009 and not getting married until may 2011. They had no wait time as far as i know. Its Mater Delorosa and it was actually the only day they were open in May of 2011! crazy! But, my brother is getting married too and his fiance had to wait until the one year mark to book their church but its in Baton Rouge.  hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NolaBride2012NolaBride2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard on making you wait.....

I booked my church (Immaculate Conception Jesuit Church) two years in advance
  • edited December 2011
    I think it depends on the church from what I've heard, but a lot of those churches in the city book fast, so I'd start looking asap!  Have fun!!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked St. Joseph on Tulane and the wedding isn't until December 2012.
  • fatgirlboofatgirlboo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked St. Louis Cathedral 12 months in advance and they only had 2 day/time slots left for the month. My wedding is in May (6 weeks!! eek!!)
  • kimrgraham1kimrgraham1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The actual wait period is 6 months to get married in the Catholic Church through the NOLA archdiocese.  However, the church hunt is a different story as many of the more popular churches in NOLA book up 18 months - 2 years in advance.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards