July 2013 Weddings

Need some opinions/thoughts on asking my flowergirl

So, this weekend I'm going to head out and do some wedding dress shopping with a bunch of my family! I'm so excited! One of the other things I'm going to do while I'm out there is ask my 6 year old cousin to be a flowergirl! There are several reasons I want to ask her. One, she's my youngest cousin. Two, she's the only child of my godmother/favorite aunt. And three, I was a flowergirl for that aunt in her first wedding when I was 5. Its a natural choice! I want to do something special, but I'm kind of at a loss. I've got a picture book about being a flowergirl I'm going to give her, but I'm not sure what else. My sister suggested I give or share a picture of my aunt and I when I was a flowergirl which I have and it's one of my favorite pictures. However, that was from my aunt's first marriage and my cousin is the daughter of my aunt and her second husband. I don't know what my cousin knows of her mother's marital history and I don't want to bring up awkward questions, especially if my uncle's around or my aunt wasn't expecting it. My aunt would totally understand my intentions and her first wedding is not a taboo subject we've talked about it plenty since I've started planning my wedding but I don't want to overstep any boundaries. I guess you could say I'm already leaning away from this but I'm looking for a little confirmation. Also, do any of you have any cute or special ideas for asking a flowergirl? I may explain a bit more of what a flowergirl does since she hasn't been one before. TIA!
~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Need some opinions/thoughts on asking my flowergirl

• What about a mani session or a movie she wants to see? Maybe the zoo or somethin... Im not sure if your aunt would allow the mani but one of my friends took her neice with her aunt and said she had a great time. Hth!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Even if she doesn't get a full-blown mani most girls like getting their nails done by someone else.

I would ask your aunt how she feels about you sharing the story/picture with her daughter.  That way aunt (and presumably uncle) wouldn't be caught off guard/uncomfortable.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards