Hawaii
Options

Inexpensive floral centerpiece ideas to put together in Hawaii

Just wondering if anyone is willing to send pictures/ideas of centerpieces they are putting together once they arrive?

Re: Inexpensive floral centerpiece ideas to put together in Hawaii

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you buying the flowers bulk/wholesale?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Planning to purchase the flowers at Costco and I spoke with one of the lei stands at the airport and they said they were willing to sale me loose flowers (plumerias) to scatter. 
  • Options
    55pawsh55pawsh member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I don't have any pix, but you may also want to check the Chinatown florists. They have good selection and are cheap :)  I've used Lin's Lei Shop and Cindy's, they both have loose flowers and lei and are great to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Lin's and Cindy's.  Lin's is slightly cheaper but I think Cindy's has better service and quality.  You can also buy bulk orchids to scatter, which is what I was planning to do. It was a huge number of orchids for 10 or 20 from Watanabe floral and I think 10 cents each in chinatown. 

I'm getting my flowers at Watanabe.  You can also get $100 gift cards from Hawaii Costco stores for $80 which gives you 20% off!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks so much for your tips!

Can you tell me what you mean about "It was a huge number of orchids for 10 or 20 from Watanabe floral and I think 10 cents each in chinatown"?  I am not sure if you mean 10-20 cents per flower or ?

Super appreciate your info :) 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup! It was 100 flowers/bag at watanabe for 10.00 (ish) and 10 cents a flower in chinatown.  So about the same price.

I bought very tall vases to do submerged orchid flowers.  I'll put river rocks on the bottom and a floating candle on the top.  The vases are 15-20" tall so the arrangements are pretty dramatic and the biggest cost is the vase cost -- I won't have to pay ridiculous florist fees! I'm so excited.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards