Connecticut
Options

Baker...

So, my MOH was going to do my cupcakes/cake but her business partner has to move due to the Navy, so now that's a no go (MOH can't do it all herself, which is totally fine!). So now, I need a baker....fire away your suggestions, I hope I can find one this close to the wedding! Looking for one that's yummy and in budget...

Re: Baker...

• Options
    edited December 2011

What area are you looking in?

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anywhere in Eastern CT- getting married in Mystic. Right now I have emails out to Felicia's and You take the cake...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mystic Market East! Their cakes are delicious!!! They partnered with the caterers for our wedding (Coastal Gourmet) and did our wedding cake and it came out great!
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    estegemanestegeman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The cake lady in waterford does amazing cupcakes! We had them at my shower and they were a huge hit!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_baker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:47f65630-7967-41c7-8503-1934ee9beec3Post:9d92784b-166e-46b5-91c6-4889ac1a343f">Re: Baker...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Mystic Market East!</strong> Their cakes are delicious!!! They partnered with the caterers for our wedding (Coastal Gourmet) and did our wedding cake and it came out great!
    Posted by Karebear852k3[/QUOTE]

I was going to suggest Mystic Market too! We're also getting married at the Seaport, and although we haven't had our tasting yet, I've heard great things!

There's one other place that we tried during a bridal show, and their cannoli cake was amazingggg. I think it was Mozzicato Bakery in Hartford, but I could be wrong... if you taste their cannoli cake and fall in love, that's the one! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cgbabe229cgbabe229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Chocolate Rose.  Erin just opened a storefront in Norwich in addition to her bakery in Griswold.  She was very reasonable and her cake was delicious!! I would try emailing her and see!  P.S. Don't judge her by her website... it's very outdated but she does beautiful work.  She has more up-do-date photos on her facebook if you check her out there.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have an email address for mystic market east?  I can't find one on their website, I might just swing by there tommorow....also, I can't find the chocolate rose on facebook!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards