Canada-Ontario
Options

Wedding Planning

Hello,

Just looking for some great ideas out there.  I've booked Fantasy Farm in Toronto for our outdoor wedding next year, and we just had our engagement shots completed by www.llifeshuttering.ca and they turned out great....we will be using them for our wedding.

I am looking for some great creative ideas for gift give aways, decorating, and special touches!

Thank you.
Laura

Re: Wedding Planning

• Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What do you mean by gift give aways?
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think she means favours.
  • Options
    APW2010APW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a theme or colours in mind? Are you thinking of stuff to buy or DIY?
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This site is full of decorating and favour ideas.  I think you're going to be more specific about what you want if you want to get any help.  If you're just looking generally, then you should start browsing the galleries.
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    lmckenzie98lmckenzie98 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone.  Yes, I meant favours.  Our colours are pink/brown.  I really was just looking for something different that I could either give away to each guest, or place on everyone's plate.......like a small box of chocolates, but something more unique than that.  I will do some more surfing on the internet and see what I can come up with.
  • Options
    KatieV10KatieV10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

There are lots of unique ideas floating around the internet...
    My fiance and I will be giving each guest a personalized hockey puck.  I know it sounds strange but he is a die hard hockey fan and I did some research and they can be done pretty cheaply.   Just something to think about.

And just to note... that will be the ONLY hockey related item at our wedding haha.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did white bistro mugs, filled with personalized coffee, tea, or hot chocolate, and hershey kisses and hugs, all wrapped up in tulle with ribbon.  Doing the crossword on the weekend with great coffee and tea is very `us` so it seemed appropriate!
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I really don't think the favours are the place to get creative.  Most people just want something edible and will leave pretty much everything else behind, or not use it.  (I'm a prime example of this.  Check out the Favours board for more opinions.)  Why not pick something yummy and get creative with the packaging?
  • Options
    APW2010APW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did tins of candy - the tins were those video game themed ones. We just stickered the tins with our names & date. We worked in different video game & movie stuff into the wedding in a few places (without getting too geeky, I hope!) so we stuck to the theme, gave our guests something edible and something they could take home at the same time.

They were all gone at the end of the night, although a few people hoarded and traded any extra they could get their hands on. One huge benefit of there being a few different ones is that people who were interested tried to get all of the different styles.

I think it is great to do something a little personal or in your theme, as long as you can work it into something your guests will actually want to take home with them at the same time.
  • Options
    suellen2bwedsuellen2bwed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am making sugar cookies, stacking them like wedding cakes, icing them in our colors and making icing daisy's that will go on top, they are going in clear plastic boxes tied wtih ribbon along with the cookie is a small bag of coffee that says perfect blend with our names on it.
    I am always baking and my sugar cookies are a huge favorite and we have a little coffee ritual that is special to us, so our favor really reflects who we are.
    We had a lot of fun coming up with our ideas and certainly found inspiration from other web sites, check out Martha Stewart's web site, lots of ideas there. I am a fan of the edible give away, its hard to give one thing to a large group of people that everyone will use.
  • Options
    KatieV10KatieV10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Another route you could go, is making a donation to the Canadian Cancer Society on behalf of your guests.  Or any charity/organization that means something to you.  There are so many options out there!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recieved cookies at one wedding. They sadly ended up a bag of crumbs at the bottom of my purse :( I bet they were good too...

I do think you can get creative with favours if that's the type of person you are. For everyone who throws out something inedible, there is someone on a diet, or someone who wants to keep the item forever.

Think of something that really describes you as a couple, or something you love to do together. Perhaps you both have a love of something that you'd like to share.

Remember as well that favours are gifts. The same way you shouldn't expect gifts from your guests, they shouldn't expect them from you. Give them what you want to give them, you won't please everyone but that's not your job.

Have fun!
  • Options
    lmckenzie98lmckenzie98 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your wonderful suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards