Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Outside Wedding Venues

Hey All,

Im looking to have the wedding and ceremony outside, ideally on the beach.  I am so overwhelmed with places and only have 2 days to look at place bc I live out of state.  We really want to have the band outside, under a tent until about 10-11pm.  It would be really nice to have a beach-side wedding, but the CBI, Wychmere, etc are too $$$.  Looking to have max 150 people and hope to find a place that only hosts 1 wedding a day.  Thoughts?!?!  Im thinking the Poppenessent Inn may be good.  Also thought about the Bourne Farm would be great so the band will have no noise restrictions (but there is no beach!).  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Re: Outside Wedding Venues

• Options
    BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Beachmoor in Bourne does outside ceremonys in a tent, also hempisheres does the ceremony on the beach and the reception is inside, but on the ground level with walkout onto the beach. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just went to a beautiful Tent wedding in Chatham at a private home on an inlet catered by Chapin's restaurant catering.  Cocktail hour on the boat dock etc... Chapin's found my friend the venue. You could contact them! http://www.chapinsrestaurant.com/
  • Options
    lbhsugareelbhsugaree member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were trying to do the same thing.  Headache and $$$.  We gave up our feet in the sand to be bayside at the Captain Heman Smith House in Orleans.  We sleep there, eat there, marry there, party there AND have a family reunion there all in one week.  The owners are awesome.  They charged 17k for off season, 10 day rental.  That was about the same as all the ones you have mentioned, but we sleep 22 people there. Pompanesset doesn't do feet in sand, I was insistent about being outside.  Its a lot of work and not 100% what we wanted, but I think it will actually be better in the long run.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards