Florida-West Coast

Hair/Make Up for Destination Wedding

I live in Iowa, but we are planning a cruise wedding in January.  I will fly in a couple of days before departure.  Here is where I need help:  How do you find a local hairstylist/make up artist (we need to be on the ship at 10 am). Do you just pick someone and "hope" it turns out well on the morning of the wedding?  Do you  just do it yourself?  Has anyone tried doing a trial run with your own hairstylist at home and taking photos along?

I hadn't really thought about these issues before we decided on a cruise wedding.  Not sure what to do.

Re: Hair/Make Up for Destination Wedding

• nusxybbwinflnusxybbwinfl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im using Darla Stafford. I have heard great things about her. Her website i think is DarlaStafford.com
  • edited December 2011

Since you are planning from afar I would look at recomendations for people in the area, contact them and send them pics of what you are looking for.  Ask themif they think they can create what you are looking for and price estimates.  Once you are comfortable with them you can book them.  Or if you are booking a few days ahead you can always schedule a trial with them during that time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards