New York-New York City
Options

$400 for officiant

I spoke with an officiant and his fee is $400.  This is for a short, 10 minute civil ceremony.  Is this a good price?  If not, may I have some recommendations please?  We want to have a civil ceremony.  TIA

Re: $400 for officiant

• Options
    edited December 2011
    most of the officiants i spoke with were a few hundred dollars more than that, for a longer ceremony. are you set on doing a 10 minute ceremony? most officiants are "ordained" in some tradition but are happy to do secular ceremonies. our officiant is ordained but asked us up front if we wanted any god, some god, or no god altogether.

with more than a year to go i'm sure you can find what you really want!
  • Options
    LanaJadeLanaJade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a short ceremony too, probably about 20 minutes. That's the pricepoint I found for many officiants about a year ago, and most were closer to $500.
  • Options
    cyc0102cyc0102 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, we are also having a fairly short ceremony and the officiant we booked is $300. PM me if you want her information. Out of 5-6 officiants I contacted, the prices ranged from $500-1000.
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's def a good price.

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely a good price, we're paying $950.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's fairly standard - remember, it is a business and you know how wedding can be.  If you can get as low as $300, that's pretty good, but $400 isn't bad as the usual starting price runs at $500.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards