Hawaii
Options

Dress Fitting Tomorrow! Anyone else get nervous for theres?

Hi Girls!
So I have my dress fittign tomorrow. I ordered my dress online so I am taking it to just a regular tailor shop for the alterations, not a dress shop. They have great reviews so i'm confident in the place. I have seen my dress since it came in and have tried it on and still love it. Not sure why but i"m nervous to start the alterations process! Just nervous it will still look good and that the alterations wont "alter" my opinion about the dress... hahah. Did anyone have similar feelings?

Re: Dress Fitting Tomorrow! Anyone else get nervous for theres?

• Options
    Oh my Goodness, just thinking the same thing. Mine is Tuesday and I just ran over to my Mom's to pick it up. Of course I had to try it on. Lost some weight and she is going to need to take it in more, but that is a good thing. I still like mine even though I would be happier in a mini skirt and ss blouse. lol 
    I wouldn't worry about the tailor shop. If you checked them out and they have good reviews then I wouln't worry. Are you going to have them steam it or are you going to wait until you get to HI? I'm thinking I may just wait. Its chiffon so not really wrinkled anyway. Let us know how it goes tomorrow. 
  • Options
    I think I'll have her steam it just so I can get the real effect of what it will look like. I'm going to do my hair and makeup tomorrow so i'll feel good in it when i try it on!  (Saturdays I usually shower at night before going out etc after running errands and cleaning all day!)
  • Options
    Oddly, I didn't have any butterflies about dress fittings.  Mostly because 1) the dress essentially fit me off the rack and I mostly just needed the bust taken in, and 2) I knew my alterations lady was a goddess with gowns based on friend & yelp reviews.  Just be very upfront with the alterations expert and yourself about your weight goals -- don't get overly aggressive about losing more weight unless you're really 100% sure you'll get there.  Nothing worse than stressing about whether you'll ultimately fit in the dress!

FWIW, the first time you see yourself in your gown, fitted, with your veil/jewelry/shoes/makeup, be prepared for goosebumps or even tears.  I never cried during the shopping process, but holy snap, in that final fitting... WOOSH. :)
  • Options
    How did it go today?  Hope everything went well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks jenn it went well! Even though it's a simple dress, I'll need to go 2 more times because I'm a little paranoid about the hem....I don't want it to short... She's going to just baste it first and then have me come see it :) I don't want to see my toes and I guess that's where they normally hem it to, to just graze ur toes. I really liked the seamstress, she was very nice :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards