Canada

So I have a new dress...

So I ordered a new dress yesterday. Originally I ordered Brigitte by Maggie Sottero when I went shopping with my Mom and BMs in September, but I kept having second thoughts that would not go away. I love the dress and think it is beautiful, just not what I really pictured myself in on my wedding day. So yesterday I went shopping again with just my Mom and my sister (a better idea- I think when you take the whole entourage you get too swept up in all the excitement and opinions) and ordered a beautiful beaded and lace dress from Casablanca that I feel is much more me. Luckily the shop is going to keep the Maggie as a sample so I didn't lose the whole deposit.
Anyone else go through the same thing?

Re: So I have a new dress...

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with only going with one or two people - a lot of bridal boutiques aren't that big in the first place!  I'm glad you got the dress of your dreams, and didn't break the bank on it either!  Post pictures! :)
  • Sunny0710Sunny0710 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Littin! Yes, the shopping worked out a lot better with just my Mom and sis!  I LOVE my new dress and it's definitely what I pictured myself getting married in. I am a little sad because the other one was gorgeous too and I know my Mom loved it (she picked it out), but it just wasn't as traditional as I had wanted. 
    Here is my new dress:

I can't wait until it comes in!! When is yours arriving? I remember we are date twins!
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL, you know what is SO funny?  The dress that my mom loved and wanted me to buy was either the same or very similar to your Maggie dress.  It was so princess-like and it was surprisingly beautiful (I wasn't looking for a big dress).  Ultimately it wasn't what I was looking for (it was very heavy, and I am very small), and I ended up with a curvy lace dress as well, which is what I came in looking for in the first place.  My mom still says "ohhhhhh but remember the sparkly princess dress" whenever I mention dress shopping.

My dress arrived a week or two ago, but I'm not ready to pick it up.  It wasn't supposed to be ready until March!  Until then, I go to the gym!  There's nothing like an episode of "bulging bride" to motivate me to my Body Attack classes!

Your new dress is gorgeous - great choice! :)
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, you really lucked out with the shop agreeing to keep your dress! Glad you found something you loved though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree - I'm so surprised they didn't say "too bad" and pounced on two dress deposits plus the rest of the cost of your new dress - you were lucky!  Don't go looking for anymore gowns!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards