Florida-South Florida

Venue Information HELP!!!

So although im interested in booking The Ronald W Shane Center for my wedding,  a girl was telling me about The Coral Gables Museum and that they also have a very nice area to rent for weddings....my thing is they really dont have any photos of actual weddings so im trying to get a picture of how it would look and how can everything be set up! My question is does anyone know of anything about this venue or have anyone been here to any weddings or parties? Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

Re: Venue Information HELP!!!

• I'd recommend going to the Coral Gables Museum yourself and try getting a feel for it. It's a fairly new place (when it comes to weddings) so pictures may be hard to come by. Also, what worked for one person, may not translate into perfection for you, so please go and visit it. 
    "HAPPINESS...is being married to your Best Friend"
  • Hello,

Just wondering if you ended up going to check out the venue? What did you think? I'm also hunting for a venue for my wedding and I'm cutting it close now. My wedding is July 2013. Ahhhh!!
  • So i finally went to The Coral Gables Museum and i must say it was pretty nice i liked the fact that you can have your ceremony outside or even in another room and there is a very nice room to fit about 100 ppl more or less comfortable with a dance floor of course you would have to get you own decorator, dj, caterer etc but the space is quite nice if you have someone helping you with great decorating skills...now this makes my choice even harder LOL

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• LOL My oh my! I just called and might be going to see it this weekend. Hopefully my FI and I like it.
  • edited February 2013
    Misstira- If you don't mind me asking. What was the cost? I recently got engaged and I'm lost on how to start this whole process. We've agreed on a budget, but I'm not sure what's next. Do any of you ladies have a wedding planner?
  • @DJohnson, congrats on your recent engagement! And kudos for setting a budget. Please, please, please stick to it :-)

I have a wedding planner, and I think if you can afford it, one would be great to have because they make planning all the more easier. 
    "HAPPINESS...is being married to your Best Friend"
  • @ sguardado88 and  DJohnson2014  It was really reasonable one room was like 250 and hour and i think the other room was a little more (i forgot the prices exactly) but the lady there was really nice and shes always available to answer and questions definitely check it out

and I do have a planner DJohnson i couldnt do it without her shes really good if your interested in some information about her let me knw, at least with a planner/coordinator they can let you knw where to start and whats the first things you need to do...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_venue-information-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:a81a8bee-e883-4327-bb98-0be92116488dPost:59af5c35-7b87-4932-bb30-360e4441fc1b">Re: Venue Information HELP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Misstira- If you don't mind me asking. What was the cost? I recently got engaged and I'm lost on how to start this whole process. We've agreed on a budget, but I'm not sure what's next. Do any of you ladies have a wedding planner?
    Posted by DJohnson2014[/QUOTE]

Congrats on your recent engagement! You already got the first step down which is agreeing on a budget. Next steps would be figuring out possible wedding dates (have more than one just in case your date has been booked), estimating possible size of your guest list and start looking at venues. Before you start looking at venues....have in mind what you want in a potential venue (i.e. do you want to have the option of bringing your own caterer, etc).

Having a wedding planner is very helpful...whether you decide having a DOC, partial or full planner. I had partial planners and they were helpful. However, planners can be expensive. If you want a reasonbly priced planner then check out Heather from Just Chic Weddings and Michelle Tandron from Events by Michelle. Both of them are on FB. Also, I would suggest my planners, Liz and Lex Events (check out if they are offering specials on their services).
  • @Misstira @Mademoisell @Renaect Thank you ladies for all of your feedback. I feel much better.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_venue-information-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:a81a8bee-e883-4327-bb98-0be92116488dPost:59af5c35-7b87-4932-bb30-360e4441fc1b">Re: Venue Information HELP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Misstira- If you don't mind me asking. What was the cost? I recently got engaged and I'm lost on how to start this whole process. We've agreed on a budget, but I'm not sure what's next. Do any of you ladies have a wedding planner?
    Posted by DJohnson2014[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>@DJohnson2014 I visited this venue last night with my FI, it is a very beautiful and classy place. The cost of the venue is $250 per hour + $25 per hour staffing fee + $75 clean-up fee. Awesome!!! However, you would have to use their bar services. For a 4 hour event, open bar is $30 per person. </div><div>
    </div><div>My FI and I loved the venue, however, because of the bar package, I'm not sure if it is still within our budget of $7-8,000 :( Any comments from other brides? The venue includes tables. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards