North Dakota

Officiant

Anybody have any suggestions on where to look for someone to officiate at my Sept. wedding?  We are not getting married in a church so I'm having a hard time finding someone to perform the wedding.  I have found a few places on-line, but they're charging $200 to $500.   Suggestions? 

Re: Officiant

• edited December 2011
    Where is your wedding?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • nanderson02nanderson02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the same concern but haven't found anything other than the J.P. at the corthouse. I thought there was an online listing of ordained ministers or something?
  • andladyandlady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Bismarck.  What did you find out about the JP route?  I went on-line and looked for wedding officiants and there are none listed for Bismarck. 
  • edited December 2011
    Try the county website. On the clay county website, they have the times when wedding take place, and names and phone numbers of the officiants.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    you can call the clerk of courts she will give you the number of the judges that do it.  Also the guy who own Michele Jays does it if you can find out how to get ahold of him.
  • edited December 2011
    You can also have a friend become ordained through the Universal Life church I think. It is online and legit. There is another church but I can't remember.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We just got my fiance's best friend ordained through that website. We checked with the court house and indeed, it is legal! Since we are getting married in the country it will avoid us having to pay for transportation for someone as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards