Washington-Seattle

tissue poms worth the hassle?

I love the look of tissue flower poms a la Martha Stewart. How on earth am I going to store 20+ of these in my 2 bedroom condo already full of wedding stuff and transport them to our venue without them getting trampled? Any advice? Should I just spend some money on paper lanterns?

Photobucket

Re: tissue poms worth the hassle?

• edited December 2011
    The ones that Martha makes are the same ones that I orderered from an Etsy seller.  They are folded up so that's how they were shipped.  BMs and a few other gals and I opened/fluffed them two days prior to the wedding and sat them on the floor of the waiting room area where we got ready on Saturday and the planners just shaped/fluffed them some more prior to hanging.  I say make 1 or 2 to see if you like they way they turn out and figure out the best way to prepare and store them.  I had 40 that we did. 
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    They are a pain to store afterwards, but I ordered mine from an Etsy seller (PomLove), so they shipped flat. The tough part was getting enough people to fluff all 36 of them. That took FOREVER.
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • edited December 2011
    they aren't that hard to make yourself, just time consuming. If you plan on making them I would just fold them, attach the wire, and store like that until a couple of days before the wedding. Otherwise storing them "fluffed up" is a pain in the butt. My FSIL is getting married in September and we are making 90.. yes, 90 of them!
    The ones we have made so far are being stored flat in a plastic bin. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards