California-San Diego
Options

I'm BACCCCKKKK!!!

HI Ladies!!!  
   Hope you all had a great weekend and first half of the week. It was so great to see my family. I was soo sad when they left yesterday. I got to show them the venue and we met with the rental place and a florist. Now i't's back to planning for me!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I'm BACCCCKKKK!!!

• Options
    Welcome back! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Krikin22Krikin22 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Welcome back :) Glad to hear you had a great week! Did you decide on your dress?
    Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I did! See picture below. Ignore the ridiculous face I am making hahaha. I was in the middle of taking. I should have had my family take more but I forgot. I was just so excited that I forgot! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OMG, that dress is gorgeous, and it fits you perfectly! Congrats on making the final decision! Your arms and shoulders look fantastic, BTW. I'm jealous. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Haha- thanks Chels! I wish I had a happier face on haha. I didn't want to take it off! I love it.

You went dress shopping recently right? How did it go??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow I love it!! You look great!! Mine is suppose to come in sometime next month, I can't wait
    Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_im-bacccckkkk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:990ae329-7bed-4492-97ba-b91f0c289966Post:747187a5-d414-44b0-9353-700fcbce8aad">Re: I'm BACCCCKKKK!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You went dress shopping recently right? How did it go??
    Posted by kay136[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yep, I went with a friend a few weeks ago and tried on my top two. I really liked them both and at first I was SO undecided... then my friend suggested I try on a veil just for fun with one of the dresses, and that was it. I had one of those SYTTD moments where my eyes watered up and I just knew that was "the one"... LOL. I wish my mom had been there to share in the moment, but oh well! The veil totally completed the look. I felt like a princess. The dress is actually a Davids' Bridal replica of Kate Middleton's reception dress, and is the first dress I fell in love with while browsing through dress pics online. Funny how that worked. I have not purchased it yet - scared to pull the trigger - but I definitely should. I will post a pic sometime soon! </div><div>
    </div><div>What are you ladies up to this weekend? Any big plans?

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ooo that's so exciting! I def want to see pictures! I felt relief when I finally just bought it. haha. I kept thinking "what if I find somethign else" but now I am so happy that I found the one and bought it! no more looking.

I am going to try to make this weekend a relaxing one. My boss is Nice Guy of the Year so we have a gala to go to tomorrow night that I am really excited about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nice Guy of the Year? I'm intrigued. Is it a work thing? 

We are not doing much this weekend - just training and hanging out. We really should get on top of sending out our STD's but I doubt that will happen... haha. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No it's a charity that is honoring him : Get on those std's!!! Hahaha there are certain things I am such a slacker on too :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well that's even more awesome... have fun tonight! :) 

My planning seems to go in spurts. I'll get a TON of stuff done, then sit back on it for a while. Still waiting from a quote from a florist that we met with the other week, so that should be interesting... I'll feel a lot better once we have the flower thing figured out. 

Other stuff we still have to take care of:
    • officiant
    • chair rentals for ceremony
    • invites
    • linen rentals for reception
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know I'm kind of a lurker around here... but I have some questions and you girls are the only ones I "know" here! 

Should I be letting people get back to me slower at this point since I'm a whole year out, or is a year out a good time to be starting this crap (that is what I thought!!) I have a meeting with a potential caterer and I feel like they are being slow since I'm so far out from my date! What do y'all think?!
     p.s. Kay did you get my last e-mail?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Depends on what you mean by "slow"... could you give an example or describe what's been happening? :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Erin I did! Thank you so much. Things got crazy this weekend so I didn't get a chance to respond. Thank you so much you are the best!!! Once I figure out the response card I'll send that wording over :)

As far as your question- I got engaged in October of 2011 and I started to look at the big vendors right away. We were able to snag some pretty amazing vendors because we did it so early. The way I see it- if they want the business they will put the effort in. Some things- like the cake- we are waiting on for now beacuse we don't need to do that early but we had all the big contracts taken care of in March 2012. I moved on from some vedors because they took way to long to respond and I didn't feel like they wanted my business. This was after months of phone calls and e-mails. I def don't think a year out is too much and now that wedding season is over they should have more time to get back to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Chels, 
    I am talking like a week or so before I e-mail again and then still not hearing from them for another week! It's all taken care of now, but ugh, I was getting so frustrated!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad you got it all figured out. I would definitely be frustrated in that case (weeks and weeks without a reply). I understand that things can get busy, but IMO it's simply unprofessional to not return an email or phone call for weeks on end, regardless of how far out your wedding is! Speaking of which, I have a florist with whom I met two weekends ago who has yet to give me a quote. It took over a month for us to even meet in the first place, so I am getting really annoyed now. She is a friend of my DOC and seems extremely nice and knowledgeable, so I want to give her a chance... but I think it's time for a follow-up. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards