Flowers

who gets what?

i was wondering, who all gets flowers in the the weddign party and family?

Re: who gets what?

• jenaenae17jenaenae17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    entire wedding party, fathers & grandfathers (bouts), mothers & grandmothers (coursage) traditionally
  • Typically this is how it works (of course you can always do things differently)
    Bridesmaids = bouquets
    Groomsmen = bouts
    Flower Girl = pomander or small nosegay or basket with petals
    Ring Bearer = bout
    Ushers = bouts
    Reader = corsage or bout depending on gender
    MOB = corsage or nosegay
    MOG = corsage or nosegay
    FOB = bout
    FOB = bout
    Grandmother of Bride/Groom = corsage or nosegay
    Grandfather of Bride/Groom = bout

You can give flowers to anyone you want to acknowledge. 

I would say that for the women I would ask their preference in what they would like because some women prefer a wrist corsage while others prefer a small nosegay to carry and others may prefer a pin on corsage that they can put either on themselves or their clutch.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_who-gets-what?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:c26d0798-6969-468f-a3af-9885cf77c4d9Post:7179eb33-6395-47c8-8484-09129fed3828">Re: who gets what?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Typically this is how it works (of course you can always do things differently) Bridesmaids = bouquets Groomsmen = bouts Flower Girl = pomander or small nosegay or basket with petals Ring Bearer = bout Ushers = bouts Reader = corsage or bout depending on gender MOB = corsage or nosegay MOG = corsage or nosegay FOB = bout FOB = bout Grandmother of Bride/Groom = corsage or nosegay Grandfather of Bride/Groom = bout You can give flowers to anyone you want to acknowledge.  I would say that for the women I would ask their preference in what they would like because some women prefer a wrist corsage while others prefer a small nosegay to carry and others may prefer a pin on corsage that they can put either on themselves or their clutch.
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]
    We are planning to add corsages/bouts for our brothers and sisters
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    ""Typically this is how it works (of course you can always do things differently)
    Bridesmaids = bouquets
    Groomsmen = bouts
    Flower Girl = pomander or small nosegay or basket with petals
    Ring Bearer = bout
    Ushers = bouts
    Reader = corsage or bout depending on gender
    MOB = corsage or nosegay
    MOG = corsage or nosegay
    FOB = bout
    FOB = bout
    Grandmother of Bride/Groom = corsage or nosegay
    Grandfather of Bride/Groom = bout

You can give flowers to anyone you want to acknowledge"".........We had small bouquets/boutonnieres for the godparents of both the bride and groom as well.

I personally feel that a small nosegay/bouquet is more "on trend" these days.  My SIL's family asked that grandparents be given corsages, and I noticed that one of the two ladies opted to carry hers.  
  • Instead of flowers we are using feathers. I have feather bouts for the BM, GM and FOG but what about the MOG and Grandmother of groom? Should I use flowers for them or feathers too?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards