Kentucky-Louisville

Eco Friendly Wedding

Hello everyone,
So, I am working with a friend for my catering, and so of course she can not provide the dinner and drinkware. Which is great, bc I woudl really like to keep the reception as eco friendly as possible, and within my budget. However, I am having trouble trying to come up with the best way to approach the plates/cups/silverware.
I thought about trying to find an assortment of plates and silverware from the local thrift stores, and using plastic personalized cups as favors that can be taken home and reused? OR to use real silverware and biodegradable plates, that I would compost and the plastic personal cups or biodegradable cups? But i worry that too much, may make it end up looking cheap. Any suggestions for this issue, would be greatly appreciated, bc i'm going crazy!! LOL

Thanks! :)

Re: Eco Friendly Wedding

• Personally I think whatever you decide you want to stay consistant.  If you choose real silverware, you should match it up with real plates and glasses.  Depending on what type of food you are having you could nix the plates and silverware all together and serve finger foods. Or perhaps have finger foods and then plates with forks for cake. 

I am not too familiar with bidegradable cups/plates etc but those may be quite pricey.  You could always shop around for glass plates and cups, sell them online afterwards and rent the silverware.  Just some thoughts!  Good luck!
  • Thank you! Great suggestions! :)
  • I am trying too but every idea I have is not a reality :-(  The favors, using china, making napkins, etc.  all of it is out of my range.  I've been browsing Craigslist for decorations but the vases I want are just as expensive as if I were to buy them at the store!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well, I'm not sure of your look or theme u may be going for. But I'm using used mason jars from my mother, who cans. And reusing glass pickle jars, spagetti jars, etc. and putting candles and flowers in them. I'm collecting soup cans to make luminaries for outside at night. And I've asked friends and families to collect as well... U will b surprised by how fast you can collect what u need! Plus, I can give my mom back the jars, and recycle the rest!! I did decide to go with real plates,that I'm just going to collect throughout planning. friends, thrift stores, garage sales...etc Hope this helps. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards