North Carolina

I want to...

go bowling. Any takers?

Don't judge me either cause I use the bumpers some times.  .it's a lot of fun to sling the bowling ball back and forth on them. :)

What would you like to do?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I want to...

• az3thouaz3thou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been bowling in forever. I used to not know there was 'real' bowling because my dad took us candlepin bowling when we were little. Plus, I'm barely strong enough to hold a regular sized bowling ball. It's still wicked fun though!

P.S. I love the bumpers...

I want to go ice skating. I used to be a figure skater, but ever since I moved to NC 3 years ago, I haven't been to any of the rinks. Has anyone been to any in the area??
  • edited December 2011
    I love bowling and I wanna go!! I haven't been in forever! I also want to go skiing! I've never been and it's my dream to go!
    Photobucket

• NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:33d3c110-0e4e-4b27-95ef-dfd97f5f5651Post:17fa625c-43bf-4c23-aadb-688362c9343e">Re: I want to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone been to any in the area??
    Posted by az3thou[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's a rink in Cary and in Garner.
    I watched NCSU hockey team practice a couple of years ago at Cary and then went to a Frat fundraiser at the Garner one a couple of years ago as well. Totally busted my butt though. :)
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:33d3c110-0e4e-4b27-95ef-dfd97f5f5651Post:7e3e6230-ebc2-43c9-a7d0-6f38ecd5e8a6">Re: I want to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love bowling and I wanna go!! I haven't been in forever! I also want to go skiing! I've never been and it's my dream to go!
    Posted by jmp0930[/QUOTE]

I havent been skiiing either! unless you consider attaching garbage can lids to my feet and sloshing down the road. (Yes. . Im Klassy with a K).

Im thinking. . .maybe. . . knottie bowling night? Hmm? Any takers?
  • edited December 2011
    I want to go to The PIT!!!!!! Who's with me???

Skiing is overrated, and that's coming from a former Boone resident. :)

Don't let that squash your goals though, haha.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • az3thouaz3thou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:33d3c110-0e4e-4b27-95ef-dfd97f5f5651Post:0cd57943-227c-454b-98fd-fdcfb68ee7c7">Re: I want to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to go to The PIT!!!!!! Who's with me??? Skiing is overrated, and that's coming from a former Boone resident. :) Don't let that squash your goals though, haha.
    Posted by elcobb[/QUOTE]

What's The Pit?? Your excitement has me intrigued.
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Skiing is NOT overrated.  Snowboarding is overrated.

Whenever I go bowling, my left butt cheek is sore the next day.  I think I'm doing it wrong, but I still have fun.

I can't think of an "I want to..." except for "I want to quit traveling for work" or "I want to just be done with this freakin' exam already" I'm no fun. 
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:33d3c110-0e4e-4b27-95ef-dfd97f5f5651Post:a958b189-f556-4561-8775-39dc4ceec589">Re: I want to...</a>:
    [QUOTE] Whenever I go bowling, my left butt cheek is sore the next day.
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

Buwhahaha.  That's too funny! Do you bowl right or left handed?

I've heard the PIT is awesome, but have yet to go.  Maybe we will soon though :)
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right, I'm next to worthless if I try to do things like that with my left hand. 
  • edited December 2011
    FI bowls in a league every Thursday. I must say, I have come to dislike the sport lol. I could probally learn to like it again if there is beer involved, lol.

PS- i REALLy REALLLY want your dog, lol.
    est. 9.17.2011
    furBRAT Tess:)
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I are going bowling with the only couple our age we know on Sunday haha. I'm so excited.
  • edited December 2011
    I personally feel you should get points for gutter balls.  My FI is in a work bowling league and always comes home bragging that he got scores in the high 100s.  I tell him I am perfectly happy with my scores that tend to be in the high 30s.

My FI and I and a couple of friends joined a kickball league.  I haven't played kickball since elementary school.  That was back when I acted like I was too cool to play to cover up the fact that I really sucked at it.  I predict I am going embarrass myself every Sunday for the next two months.  But I say....Bring on the big red ball!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not a fan of bowling...but I do like the new bowling alley on the other side of North Hills...Sparians. It has a full bar and in my opinion, if you have to bowl, you might as well be a little tipsy so there's an excuse to be so horrible.

And I LOVE skiing...and The Pit for that matter. 

az3thou, The Pit is a barbecue restaurant in downtown Raleigh. Their pit master, Ed Mitchell was even on Bobby Flay's throwdown and won! Best barbecue EVER! Yummm. FI and I tried to go to lunch there last Friday, but there was a 30 minute wait...who has that long to wait on their lunch hour!? Err!! 

Random silly fact...My friend who's also a BM now took a shot with Ed Mitchell when we went to dinner for her bachelorette party there! hehe
  • TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Now I want to go and try out the pit!  I also really want to get out of work but have a few more hours here. My FH has been wanting to play mini golf since last summer so I think that's what we are gonig to do tonight if the weather behaves.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:33d3c110-0e4e-4b27-95ef-dfd97f5f5651Post:8969f8a2-acfc-4f1d-98bf-13aeb69bcac6">Re: I want to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Now I want to go and try out the pit!  I also really want to get out of work but have a few more hours here. My FH has been wanting to play mini golf since last summer so I think that's what we are gonig to do tonight if the weather behaves.
    Posted by jennimc321[/QUOTE]

Love Love Love Mini Golf :) That's where Dh and I went when we first started dating :) He has skillz!
  • edited December 2011
    I absolutely love love love the pit! We go at least 2-3 times a month! Sooo good!
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    I'd totally be down for a Knottie bowling GTG.  Has anyone else checked out the new bowling/nightlife lanes in Raleigh called Sparians? I've heard it's a good time but haven't been. It's kind of neat that someone is trying to make bowling cool again.

And @JaiteJanercio - I just joined a kickball league in Raleigh.  I'm going to playing on Tuesday nights. I played about a year ago and it was really fun.  A great way to meet new people too!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards