Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Reception food on a budget!

My wedding reception will be taking place atound 3 in the afternoon, it's still too early for an actual sit down dinner, and we are on a very tight budget. I am thinking about just having some cheese and crackers, fruit, and mints to go with the cake. I would still like to know what else to add to the list? I want to do a sweets bar, but would that be too much with the cake? 

Re: Reception food on a budget!

• Options
    I would do something a little more substantive.  You don't have to do a meal, but I would offer some hot apps.  Maybe stuffed mushrooms, bruschetta, chicken satays, spanikopita, etc.
  • Options
    I don't know, I think what OP mentioned is enough for a 3pm reception.

OP - How long do you anticipate your reception to last?
  • Options
    I'd add a simple veggie tray, maybe carrots and celery plus olives and pickles? 
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    With some veggies (like PP said), that's fine for an  afternoon wedding.  If you do decide to add a hot option, meatballs or cocktail sausages keep very nicely in slow cookers.

I agree a sweets bar might be a bit much, but you could give out little boxes for guests to fill as your favors (you don't need favors, but if you wanted to do a sweets bar, that's a way to incorporate it with your other plans).
  • Options
    I forgot about a veggie bar! We plan for the reception to last about an hour and a half...we aren't doing anything very big. I love those cocktail sausages, so maybe we will add those.

• Options
    Okay : originally I thought this was a little out there.... but ive started to like the idea more and more of food trucks.   

1. cheap.  2.  theyre very specialized and thus very good at what they do.  3. fun.    

may be worth a few phone calls.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards