Wedding Reception Forum
Options

What??

What in the world are "charger plates"??

Are they necessary? Or can I do without them? I saw a ton of them for sale in the classified and just had no clue if they're needed
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What??

• Options
    I would only suggest them if you are having a super formal reception.  Like MilkDuds said, they are not necessary and your guests will not miss them if you don't have them.

• Options
    I personally love using charger plates, even at home for special dinners. But yea they are not necessary and are more formal.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    Sometimes it is suggested that you have them if you do a buffet, because otherwise you won't have anything sitting at the places when the guests arrive.
    Two Drifters Off To See The World...
  • Options
    I found several on sale after christmas, and am sitting things on them on the buffett tables, like napkins or coffee mugs, just to dress up the presentation a bit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I only got the chargers because they were a free at our hall. 
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    Yeah, we aren't doing them. For our casual wedding, it was going to be a waste of money.
  • Options
    I love the look of chargers, so we're having them. 

They are definitely not a requirement, and will limit the number of place settings/people you can sit at each table because they take up more space than a regular plate. 
  • Options
    A charger plate is basically a plate to go under the dinner plate to accent or add color.  You can def do without them, just another expense.  I have seen them for as little as .99 at michaels but to me its just like if I have 200 people coming is it worth the 200 dollars or would I rather spend it on something else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
  • Options
    Thank you guys so much!! Our reception is fairly formal, but not enough to spend at least $200 on extra decorative plates lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards