Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Bridal gowns

Please do not use Bliss Bridal Salon in Fort Worth -
I completely agree with Jenny's experience! "Shopping for your wedding dress should be a happy experience - one where you want to be showered with positive attention and twirl around on a cloud when you finally find the dress of your dreams ... not something where you have to put up attitude and silent stares from the person who should be trying to help you fulfill your dream of finding 'the dress' for your big day ... this is what I ran into when I went to Bliss - rude, unhelpful behavior - very snotty. Not even the slightest bit polite or even a smile. Sure they probably see a ton of brides every day - they are a bridal shop - if you can't be happy for someone and want to genuinely want to help someone find a dress - get out of the business. The energy in this shop is negative and rude. We left without buying a thing".Our problem is that we ended up purchasing the bridal gown and 5 bridesmaids dresses there. We should have cancelled the appointment when they told us they couldn't accommodate 5 bridesmaids at a time even though they were all coming from out of town! After spending quite a bit of $, the bridal gown came in, we went to pick it up, and they don't even do alterations there! Then the bridesmaids dresses came in and when I picked them up, they didn't even offer to help me to the car with them. One was 4" too small in the bust area-it wouldn't even zip up! All the other measurements were the same. They actually kept using different excuses as to why they wouldn't back up their measurements! Instead of trying to help, they just kept saying that they would order another one and put a rush on it in the correct size. Another bridesmaid dress was ordered in a 6 when the 8 sample fit perfectly! The 6 will do but the 8 fit much better. They said that they went by the manufacturer's measurement table. Why when the 8 fit perfectly? We ended up going to Mockingbird Bridal in Dallas for the alterations on the bridal gown (even though we didn't buy it there). Mockingbird helped us with my first daughter's wedding and they were wonderful! We should have used them to begin with!

Re: Bridal gowns

• Scar5683Scar5683 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Please do not use Bliss Bridal Salon in Fort Worth -
    I completely agree with Jenny's experience! "Shopping for your wedding dress should be a happy experience - one where you want to be showered with positive attention and twirl around on a cloud when you finally find the dress of your dreams ... not something where you have to put up attitude and silent stares from the person who should be trying to help you fulfill your dream of finding 'the dress' for your big day ... this is what I ran into when I went to Bliss - rude, unhelpful behavior - very snotty. Not even the slightest bit polite or even a smile. Sure they probably see a ton of brides every day - they are a bridal shop - if you can't be happy for someone and want to genuinely want to help someone find a dress - get out of the business. The energy in this shop is negative and rude. We left without buying a thing".Our problem is that we ended up purchasing the bridal gown and 5 bridesmaids dresses there. We should have cancelled the appointment when they told us they couldn't accommodate 5 bridesmaids at a time even though they were all coming from out of town! After spending quite a bit of $, the bridal gown came in, we went to pick it up, and they don't even do alterations there! Then the bridesmaids dresses came in and when I picked them up, they didn't even offer to help me to the car with them. One was 4" too small in the bust area-it wouldn't even zip up! All the other measurements were the same. They actually kept using different excuses as to why they wouldn't back up their measurements! Instead of trying to help, they just kept saying that they would order another one and put a rush on it in the correct size. Another bridesmaid dress was ordered in a 6 when the 8 sample fit perfectly! The 6 will do but the 8 fit much better. They said that they went by the manufacturer's measurement table. Why when the 8 fit perfectly? We ended up going to Mockingbird Bridal in Dallas for the alterations on the bridal gown (even though we didn't buy it there). Mockingbird helped us with my first daughter's wedding and they were wonderful! We should have used them to begin with!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bridal-gowns-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:07b0b9e0-2765-4fe4-9861-20f382f5f773Post:cc05c38b-ab21-4e2c-95b7-7e1ed70ebe01">Bridal gowns</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please do not use Bliss Bridal Salon in Fort Worth - I completely agree with Jenny's experience! "Shopping for your wedding dress should be a happy experience - one where you want to be showered with positive attention and twirl around on a cloud when you finally find the dress of your dreams ... not something where you have to put up attitude and silent stares from the person who should be trying to help you fulfill your dream of finding 'the dress' for your big day ...<strong> this is what I ran into when I went to Bliss - rude, unhelpful behavior - very snotty.</strong> Not even the slightest bit polite or even a smile. Sure they probably see a ton of brides every day - they are a bridal shop - if you can't be happy for someone and want to genuinely want to help someone find a dress - get out of the business. <strong>The energy in this shop is negative and rude.</strong> We left without buying a thing".Our problem is that we ended up purchasing the bridal gown and 5 bridesmaids dresses there. We should have cancelled the appointment when they told us they couldn't accommodate 5 bridesmaids at a time even though they were all coming from out of town! After spending quite a bit of $, the bridal gown came in, we went to pick it up, and they don't even do alterations there! Then the bridesmaids dresses came in and when I picked them up, they didn't even offer to help me to the car with them. One was 4" too small in the bust area-it wouldn't even zip up! All the other measurements were the same. They actually kept using different excuses as to why they wouldn't back up their measurements! Instead of trying to help, they just kept saying that they would order another one and put a rush on it in the correct size. Another bridesmaid dress was ordered in a 6 when the 8 sample fit perfectly! The 6 will do but the 8 fit much better. They said that they went by the manufacturer's measurement table. Why when the 8 fit perfectly? We ended up going to Mockingbird Bridal in Dallas for the alterations on the bridal gown (even though we didn't buy it there). Mockingbird helped us with my first daughter's wedding and they were wonderful! We should have used them to begin with!
    Posted by Scar5683[/QUOTE]
    Wow, I am sorry you had such a negative experience here! I didn't personally get my dress from there, but one of my friends did (I was a BM in her wedding) and we had a wonderful time! They even helped her find the perfect dress that fit her budget. There were three of us plus her mom that went with her when she tried on her dress and the staff were super helpful and nice. Everything was so wonderful that I even looked for a dress here but I decided to go a different route after I tried on a few. I never felt like they were negative or rude, but everyone has different experiences. I liked Mockingbird Bridal as well. Again- sorry to hear you had such a bad experience at Bliss. Not all Bridal Shops do alterations though, sometimes it is best to just ask. 
  • I think we've had several girls who had good experiences there.  I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.  However, according to TK rules, they don't really want you coming on here and bashing vendors. 
  • I know this is old, but I just want to put my 2 cents in for anyone seaching the board. I went to Bliss (my consultant was Jessica) and had a GREAT experience.

I will say that some of the other consultants are a little more blunt and not so "sweet" but Jessica was perfect...just the right about of sweet and truthful AND even though I told her $2k was my max, she knew that I wanted to stay around 1000-1500 and didn't give me anything higher than that. I would definitely recommend requesting her when setting up your appointment.

Also, as an FYI, no cameras are allowed and you are limited to the amount of guests you can bring with you (which is probably a smart rule to have).
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards