Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Bahamas - Atlantis

Hey guys! My FI and I have booked our honeymoon at the Atlantis resort on the Bahamas!! I'm very excited. I have never been here before and I was hoping for some tips to really make sure we make the most of our time and enjoy ourselves. We decided not to get the dining plan....so does anyone have any recommendations as to what we should do for food on or of the resort? We don't mind taking a cab over to Nassau, but we would prefer to do so only during the day. Thanks for any tips!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Bahamas - Atlantis

• Options
    I went to the Atlatnis for a destination wedding of a friend's in December. I would recommend getting off of the resort and going into Nassau for meals quite often. There is a place called Anthony's (I think...don't quite me on that) that is about 2 blocks outside of the Atlantis grounds. we went there a few times and they had cheap drinks and cheap, tasty pizza. Don't get their pasta - it was overpriced and tasted like they poured Ragu onto boxed pasta. 

The food at the Atlantis is very overpriced and some of the restaurants that we tried were not very good. Our favorite restaurant was Virgil's - it is a BBQ place that has amazing and cheap breakfasts and lunches.  We went there 3 times, I think.  The buffets are overpriced and decent - Mosaic or the marketplace are good, but do it as a really late breakfast that would last you until dinner. 

Some of the fancier, high-end dinner places (like Bobby Flay's restaurant or the sushi place) are supposed to be amazing - but we didn't do any of those.  

The waterpark is A M A Z I N G - the best part of the atlantis, for sure.  

If you have any specific questions feel free to message me, I would be happy to help :) Have so much fun!!!! 
  • Options
    the only advice i can give is to leave the resort to eat. i found the food only average and priced very high (and i'm perfectlyok wtih paying a lot for a great meal). it was disappointing.

• Options
    The Bahamas is very Americanized, and I would not hesitate to take a cab at night to Crystal Palace or whatever. You can go across the road from Atlantis to get sodas, water, etc. and get liquor nearby. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards