Washington-Seattle
Options

Excitements and Frustrations!!!

We're only down to 32 days, so I feel like the pressure is on! Of course there has been some exciting things going on, and some very frustrating things going on as well.

Exciting things....
My sweet mother had a surprise bridal shower for me last Saturday in my home town Yakima. It was so much fun and nice to hang out with my mentors/friends from home. It was a wonderful weekend and I got some pretty awesome gifts from our registry.

The women from my FI's church is having a bridal shower this Sunday for me. They are some very sweet ladies.

Last Thursday I tried on my dress for the first time since May, and I still absolutely love it. I did lose a little weight, so they're going to have to take it in some.

Frustrating things...

We were suppose to start premarital counseling months ago but the youth pastor of my church put it off to the last minute. We're suppose to start tonight but yet again he put it off. So lets hope we actually do it next Tuesday. UGH!

Recently been having a hard time getting in touch with my MUA. This has been very frustrating since I still haven't did a trial run yet.

My bridesmaids have planned a bridal shower for me on Saturday October 2nd, but no invitations has went out yet. I'm getting a little nervous. :(

It was a very stressful last two weeks for my FI and I since he had a very much need emotional conversation with his mother. And now his mother and I are sitting down for coffee tomorrow to clear the air. Hope it goes well.

Only 32 days left and I'm so excited!

Re: Excitements and Frustrations!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hey, share your exicitements and frustrations!

• Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Exciting things:
    I ordered free postcards from Vista Print, they are part one of our STDs.  They say:
    Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year, and a STD poem.   I plan on ordering magnet STD to stick on the back of the postcard from magnetstreet.com.  I have 3 weeks until the postcard arrives... which is fine since I'm not sending them out until November.

Frustrating things:
    FMIL is visiting in less than 2 weeks....  I like having her on the other side of the country, and not totally looking forward to having her as our apt. guest for an entire week.  She is nothing but wedding questions: "Why haven't you booked a caterer yet?"  "Why haven't you arranged hotel blocks for our side of the family?" "Why aren't your STDs and invites all ready and addressed?" "Why haven't you found a babysitter for ****** yet?"  and so many others.  I'm happy that she has such an interest in the wedding, but she can be a lot to handle sometimes :(  She makes me feel like a total slacker, loser-bride.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm excited about loosing 6lbs!
    I'm frustrated with planning- I canceled our photog a few days ago. We're going into a new direction. We'll have a small fancy party with no family or anything weddingy instead!
    Excited to get the list down to 20 people!
  • Options
    ArchelArchel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This board has been kinda dead. :p

Exciting! You're getting really close!

Excitements for me lately.:
    - less than 50 days out
    - booked a band and organist
    - may actually get a videographer

Frustrations:
    - feeling like I'm coming down with a cold
    - too much on the checklist and not enough time

- Rachel

Married 11/6/10

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Excitments: (hopefully) Final dress fitting tomorrow! :) WOOHOO

Frustrations: FMIL insisted we invite her extended family as she had already verbally invited them even though they played games at both of FSIL's weddings, thus why they were not on our list.  Now come time where we need an answer either way they are coming one day and not the next.  FI finally told his mom, we need answer by Thursday with a yes or no...if they say no and show up, they can eat dinner next door and come back for dancing.  I find it funny, they might not so much...
    Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to see some excitings things are going on in all our lives! Of course there's the frustrations but I will focus on the excitements!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Excitements: FI is finally getting on the ball about ordering his formal kilt attire. I'm really excited to see it all when it arrives.

Frustrations: None at the moment :o)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Georgia - you're really close! I can imagine the jitters you must be experiencing! Today is my "hot dog and two donuts" day :)

How did your makeup trial go with Nika?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Enlightened 1- I was suppose to have my trial last Saturday but I had to cancel. I'm hoping to get it done this or next weekend. She's been super busy because she quit her 8 to 5 job and is doing make up only now has her primary job. She is in high demand right now. Hope to get it done soon so I can share.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Uh oh! I have my appt with her this Sat! I emailed to see if I can move it up time-wise but I haven't heard back yet. Maybe we should get together and have a joint makeup session!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Enlightened1 that would be fun! What time is your appointment on Saturday? Yeah, it's been harder to get in touch with her lately, but she has been apologetic. Still makes me a little nervous, especially when I'm at my 30 day mark today and want to know things are in place. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards