Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

New here

My boy friend of 5 years engaged to me on 2/5/12 and we are looking to marry in April 2014. Is anyone else having a 2 year engagement? if so have you started planing? 

Re: New here

• Options
    Hey how are you. My boyfriend of 5 years asked me to marry him this month on the 11th. We are also looking to get married late 2014. Have you started looking into taking engagement picture. I am not sure when its to early to start planning!
  • Options
    i want to get engagement pictures but will probably wait until summer cause i want to take them in a beach like setting. i also fell the same im not sure if its too early to plan. i haven't picked colors or anything yet. The great thing about the venue i chose my invitations, DJ, Food, Cake and so much more are included. so most of my planning will hopefully be stress free. 
  • Options
    Congratulations on your engagement! FI and I will have had a 20 month engagement by the time we get married. I don't see anything wrong with a long engagement.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

We are having exactly a 2 yr engagement ... we didn't officially pick a date until this past Dec an it made sense to pick that day for us. We are both graduating this yr and planning on getting our masters. All we have booekd at the moment is venue, but I'm researching photographers and DJ's and aiming to book them week of my Spring Break early March. We've gotten a lot of remarks about a 2 yr engagement but this is best for us financially as we are paying mainly ourselves with little help from family. The time is going by quick it felt like yesterday we just got engaged an now we have 15 months

My only advice is to the enjoy the engagement and happy planning!

• Options
    Congratulations! I'm having a 2 year and 7 month engagement.
  • Options
    SlothGoalsSlothGoals member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I also recently got engaged (Jan. 2, 2012) and we're having a 2 - 2.5 yr engagement. We haven't set a date yet (still have to talk to the church) but we're aiming for either April or October 2014. We need the time to save money so we can have the kind of celebration we want and we are also saving to buy a house.

We've started looking for reception locations but that is about it. The ones in our area book up to 2 yrs in advance so I want to talk to the church soon so we can book a venue.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options

Congrats! I have 1 year and 11 months to go. It's nice to be able to look around and get ideas without having to rush. My friend is getting married just 6 months after becoming engaged, but that seems too overwhelming. Good luck and enjoy

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards