New Jersey - South
Options

Wedding Invitations

I am currently looking at places for invites, I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations as to where they got theirs, also....whats the normal cost for them??? Im pretty stumped with choosing these....should I do it myself... order them?? what do you feel????

Re: Wedding Invitations

• Options
    lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from www.weddingpaperdivas.com. They have some great designs and were pretty reasonable.  I love them!
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Like I recommended to you on the Sept 2010 Board, www.theamericanwedding.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered invitations on american wedding (same as musicheals) but I printed the response card and direction card myself.

I think AC Moore has better DIY invitation kits than Michaels if that is the route you want to go.  Depending on the number of invitations, it shouldnt be too bad.  I printed my response and direction cards quickly because I only have about 100 guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my invites at Staples and printed them myself.  $30.00 for 50 invites and response cards. They turned out great.

Don't waste a ton of money on something that's going to end up in the trash.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm ordering my invitations from The Green Kangaroo.....
    http://www.tgkdesigns.com
    I was looking for a very specific look and ability to customize so I really liked that I could get things printed in Navy with snowflakes and hand applied crystals.  There are some options when ordering to save money and do some aspects yourself.  I'm not very crafty or good at putting things together so I specifically loved that this place will do everything for me....from pre-printing my guests names and addresses to doing all of the bows on the invitations. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my DOC is doing them www.proudtoplan.com and I'm really excited to get started!  I love her work and like that we have a big hand in designing them. I dont think they are expensive at all and like that all the other elements of my wedding will match the stationary.  I'm a sucker for details and always love getting beautiful invitations, so I want mine to impress my guests, too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Invitations by Joanne (lots of others use her as well).  She discounts I think 20%(?) on most invites...she has a pretty big selection and she is very nice.  I just ordered mine 2 weeks ago.  She works out of her house in Wash. Twp.  her number is 856-228-4304
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!!! I will check them all out!!!!Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Simply Inviting in Collingswood. The store is adorable. The woman who owns it is an absolute pleasure to work with and they have a ton to choose from with a large range of prices.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    IMO don't do it yourself. If you want to save money there are very reasonable invitations you can order that won't be that much more expensive. I don't think it is worth the headache lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I designed them myself and had a family friend, who works in a print shop, print them up. I'm not sure how much she charged to do it; my mother refuses to tell me.
    I wasted tons of time in Photoshop doing it and went through several different incarnations before settling on a perfect design.

If I didn't D.I.Y., I may have gone with Abby Press
    270 Jessup Road
    West Deptford, NJ 08086
    (609) 868-2608
    http://www.abbeypressonline.com/index.htm
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Simply Inviting in Collingswood.  We had a snowflake theme and found ones we loved there and also got caligraphy done at a great price!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I 3rd Simply Inviting in Collingswood.  Great shop, very helpful owner, and reasonable prices.  I loved my invitations and they fit my theme perfectly!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards