Ohio-Cleveland
Options

destination wedding location

this is our 2nd marriage for each of us...and we want to do something
VERY simple. We are planning last minute we know...but want to keep it super simple, so won't need a whole lot of planning.

The date we'd like can range from 9/2 to 9/5, depending on travel time.
We will most likely not have any guests
We are open to travel, but leave on Friday, come back on Monday.

We need suggestions for wedding location, but still not pricey.
I've given some thought to a cuyahoga national park, but just moved to the area...so don't even know where to begin looking!?
Maine-I'd consider this too. just don't know where the best location would be.
trying to stay away from florida/carribean/etc. because of hurricanes/time of year

He didn't like thought of Marblehead (that was where I got engaged previously)
he didn't like a winery (not sure of reason)
he didn't like amish country idea.

any one else have other suggestions???
please:)

thanks!

Re: destination wedding location

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you outdoorsy at all? If so, maybe something in the Hocking Hills south of Columbus? Or maybe the Hearts Content area of PA (within 2-3 hours drive, I think)? My cousin married in Gatlinburg, TN which is gorgeous if you like nature. There are several wedding chapels around there, and plenty of cottages/cabins for rent. If Northeast Ohio, Punderson or Geneva -- both have lodges.

I'm kind of unclear as to what sort of thing you are looking for exactly. You don't expect any guests? So, you want to basically plan a wedding getaway/ceremony/honeymoon for you and FI? I would think that any location you'd enjoy as a vacation could be a good wedding locale. You'd just have to contact a justice of the peace (or similar) in the area you're looking at and check their availability.

good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some nice destination locations:

-Niagara Falls: Not sure if you have a passports, but Niagara Falls is really romantic. You can get married and even stay at a hotel on the American side (it's cheaper) and go into Canada for a day for dinner.

-Vegas

- Put in Bay. There are a ton of B&B's.

- The Poconos in PA

You mentioned somewhere in Maine- for specific recommendations post on the Maine boads. They will have some suggestions.

Once you decide on an area, just Google for officiants in the area and lodging.

If I were you guys, I would just get married at the JOP locally and then take a nice mini-moon. It's a lot less stressful than tryin to coordinate the officiant in another state or area.
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought of another local spot -- Brandywine Falls in the CVNP is gorgeous and there's a B&B nearby, the Inn at Brandywine Falls, IIRC. Perfect for an inteimate ceremony and getaway. And, right in the area.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fingerlakes in NY is really pretty...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards