April 2012 Weddings
Options

Don't stress out the bride!!

My violinist cancelled today.  And I so wanted live violin music.  FI says just have a CD.  Grr, that's what I had at my last wedding.

Wedding coordinator went on vacation without checking with me.  I mean, she doesn't need to check me to go on vacation, I just wish she would have checked about the progres before she left.

Re: Don't stress out the bride!!

• Options
    I'm sorry, that totally sucks. I heard some great advice from my planner about getting musicians or entertainment. If you really want a violinist, you can call music schools and ask them for a few students they could recommend that you could book for your wedding. & you can have them audition for you to see who you'd want.

Best of luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I may need to do this becasue my violinist does not get back to me in a prompt manner and it freaks me out..and by prompt I'm not being ridiculous...I left a vm and had to call back again 2-3 days later...
  • Options
    I found my violinist through Gigmasters.com.. She is wonderful. You should just check it out and see if you can find one around where you live.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks, I freaked out and did get a violinist.  She seems prompt because she didn't have her calendar when I first called and she called back within an hour or so.  She is charging me a $100 for 1 hr of music.  Is this good?
  • Options

In CT prices are more than that, so I would think that is a good price.

• Options
    That is an awesome price...I contacted an alternate duo and they was 450. That is over my budget :(
  • Options
    i tried Gigmasters too! great site.  too bad FMIL went bananas when i told her i wanted a classical guitarist.   but since she is paying all the ceremony expenses i stopped caring.  best of luck OP!
    "All I want is for you to be happy And, take this woman and make you my family And, finally you have found someone perfect And, finally you have found Yourself." -RHCP image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards