California-San Diego
Options

Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla

Hi Ladies,

I am a total lurker, looking for a little help.  I have been looking at the Museum of Contemporary Art in La Jolla for my wedding.  I live in Orange County and I have never actually been there.  Anyway,  I was wondering if anyone here had either had their wedding there, looked into it at all, or gone to a wedding there.  Basically, any sort of review would be extremely helpful. 

Thanks

Re: Museum of Contemporary Art La Jolla

• Options
    wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was planning mine, I did consider it.  It's a beautiful venue!  I've read a few blogs/reviews on it, and people were really pleased.  You should definitely go check it out.  The views are amazing.
    The main reason I didn't choose it is because I would then have to find a separate caterer--and I wanted a place that had everything in-house. .  I had my wedding at the La Jolla Shores Hotel.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Wendy.  I do not have a problem with the outside catering, so it might just work.  I found a few reviews online, but no one was too specific, just that it was nice.  Was there anything else that you did not like about it, or just the catering?

Thank you again.
  • Options
    wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what else swayed me from there--I think the cost was also more than my budget.  

Go to bridalinsider.com   It's a great site with a very active discussion board.  If you go down to the Vendor Review section, hundreds of brides have put very detailed info on their weddings, and I'm pretty sure a few brides have put reviews about the Art Museum.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine got married at the Museum of Contemporary Art last year. It was a small intimate wedding. Everything turned out wonderful!
    Check out their pictures. They are amazing! The photographers did a fantastic job. Go to A Beautiful Light Photography www.ablphotography.com, open Clients gallery and enter their password Jennifer&Rob. Let me know if you have any questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards