African American Weddings
Options

Writing Vows?

Did any of you do this? How far in advance did you start? How long were they time-wise? I have been so emotional lately...feeling like it would be a good time to put some things on paper. Anyone else working on yours now?
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Writing Vows?

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI wants to write our vows... I'm not interested. I think I'ma watch movies with weddings in them and steal a few lines! lol. {I'll be emailing you soon.}
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am writing mines and I am almost finished!! YAY!!!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to do this but FI doesnt.  I started a while back jotting some of my feelings whenever I was emotional or whenever he did something that just touched my heart.  I also have this thing that I said to FI one time when we were expressing our feelings that I said I had to make sure was in my vows on our wedding day.
    @tyboyd.. I dont blame you on watching wedding movies. I had considered that at one point but then stuff started coming out.
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ Ty - You are a trip...lol.

@ Yas - Of course you are almost done...your whole wedding has been planned for months now! ;) LOL...I'm glad for you though.

@ sadou - My FI didn't want to at first and I was cool with that...then after counseling started, he changed his mind and suggested that we do it. Said he just is scared mine will make his look bad. I don't want that pressure cause it's such a big deal that I don't even know where to start.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope - as a matter of fact, I don't even want to have to repeat what the minister says.  I just want to be responsible for saying "I Do!"
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fi and I wrote ours & gave a copy of them to the Reverend in September. He advised us that they should both be about a minute to a minute and a half long at the most.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No we're not writing ours, I'm not a good writer, I feel like I'm not able to express myself the way I would like to and FI's would probably be better than mine.  So, we will just repeat the traditional vows and I'll probably write a letter to FI to read before the ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're writing our own. I finished mine about a couple of weeks ago and I don't even think FI has started on his. Knowing him he'll probably wait until the night before to write them lol!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i wrote mine about a month before the wedding.  DH wrote his a few days before the wedding.  they were probably almost two minutes long.  we just wrote from our hearts.  and yes i cried!   he cried.  we had guests crying.  it was beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL!!! You know me so well Eagles!!!!!!!!!!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WE HAVENT DECIDED YET IF WE'RE WRITING OUR VOWS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards