Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Yorktown Inn...York PA...DO NOT BOOK!

I was just told that the Yorktown Inn is going up for auction, and that the city of york will not bail them out this time. Do not book any wedding events!

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. -Bob Marley

Re: Yorktown Inn...York PA...DO NOT BOOK!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's called the Yorktowne Hotel.

Also, I have heard this, but I know people who have booked there already, and they have been assured that it will be bought by a similar company and their weddings will be fine.

I have no experience with it, but I just wanted to give the rest of the information.
  • Options
    jrkjpfjrkjpf member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was bought by a similar company in the past. Sources say it's up for auction this time, and will not be bailed out as it has in the past.
    Just thought it would be nice to pass the information so the risk of loosing money or a venue could be prevented. I wouldn't feel safe having my wedding at any venue that is at risk of closure or auctioning.

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. -Bob Marley

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am glad you passed along the information, hopefully it helps future brides.  I just wanted to give what else I had heard, and also give the correct name.
  • Options
    amber1110amber1110 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding booked and pulled out because they could not guarantee us anything.  I would be careful booking with them unless you can get something signed saying you will be refunded if they shutdown
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The Yorktowne is a historic hotel.  It's not going to be shut down.  I know people that work there that have no fears about their jobs.  This hotel has gone through several sellings. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards