Opinions ( Bridesmaid dress)

~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
This is my inspiration
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The actual one I made
Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Opinions ( Bridesmaid dress)

• edited September 2012
    I don't think you should say anything honestly. While it isn't ideal, it is her body you know? My MOH is covered and I've just learned to accept it. They are done beautifully and shes my bff even if she is covered to her elbows Haha. Hers aren't offensive in anyway though. What about just a shawl for church and some of the pictures? I think an overlay might look funny and might just bring attention to them. Or what if you offered different styles in the same color if possible? She may even prefer to cover up a little. I wouldn't single her out though. Everybody is going to be focused on you anyways, not her. Don't sweat it!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I thought about the different styles but there are none that would cover it. Its not like a sleeve its just a lot of different ones example one of them says "player". Then she has some on her chest and back. I'm just kind of worried about it I guess because my family is very religious as in they don't think you should get tattoos and such plus we are getting married in a church. I do agree yes it is her body that's why I wouldn't say anything to her about them.
    This is my inspiration
    The actual one I made
  • My MOH has a ton of large tats on her arms and back. I didn't even thnk about them showing until I read your post! I guess I don't care bc they are really nice and don't say "Player" and I am not taking out my piercings so I don't think I should ask her to cover her tats. However, she wanted them covered for pics for her weddiing and so she bought a nice shall. I will let it be her choice, but since the wedding is in cooler weather I was thinking about buying scarfs or shalls for all the girls anyways to keep them warm during outside pictures. If she is a good long time friend you should have no problem talking to her and she should respect your wishes. If you don't want to talk to her about it talk to your photographer. A good photographer should be able to edit out ANYTHING including her tattoos! In fact with photoshop you can eve delete someone completely out of your photos. lol I saw this done in one of my photoshop classes. Good Luck!
    February Siggy Challenge... Honeymoon Destination:
    Honeymoon Cabin in the Smokey Mountains
    Gatlinburg, TN
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think that you should ask her to cover them up. They are part of who she is. My family is also very old fashioned when it comes to this, however one of my bridesmaids has crazy tattoos everywhere: forearm, upper arm, back, leg, thigh, you name it.. it is tattooed. One of our groomsmen also has tattoos all over his neck to the point where you will be able to see them in his suit. My family is just going to have to get over it. We are however having the two of them walk together down the aisle as to not shock my family twice, ha!

I think if you do get her a scarf, you will have to get them all one, you dont want to single her out. I also dont think having the photographer photoshop her tattoos away is a good idea. That may just make her feel bad about herself.

Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
  • If you really  want her to cover it up just give her a shawl or something but it really isn't necessary.
  • I agree with KSerafin 100% completely.

My mom doesn't like tattoos and wouldn't speak to me for days after I got the first one - she got over it well before I got to the sixth one.  My art is easily covered - my MOH's (BFF/FSIL) and one (sister) of my 2 BM's...not a chance.  I'm leaving them alone.  I'm not photoshopping anything out and while I may cover one of my more visible ones, I definitely will not be trying to cover theirs.

They're adults who made decisions regarding their own bodies, and while I understand that your family may not like tattoos, there is 0 they can do about someone else's choices.  If you feel very strongly about this, ask her to cover them up.  If she refuses, there you have it.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_opinions-bridesmaid-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:510c57a4-5b7b-4ce5-b21b-3d8dd4cd985fPost:f2248330-f083-41a8-94f5-0fcead1bab94">Re: Opinions ( Bridesmaid dress)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think that you should ask her to cover them up. They are part of who she is. My family is also very old fashioned when it comes to this, however one of my bridesmaids has crazy tattoos everywhere: forearm, upper arm, back, leg, thigh, you name it.. it is tattooed. One of our groomsmen also has tattoos all over his neck to the point where you will be able to see them in his suit. My family is just going to have to get over it. We are however having the two of them walk together down the aisle as to not shock my family twice, ha! I think if you do get her a scarf, you will have to get them all one, you dont want to single her out. I also dont think having the photographer photoshop her tattoos away is a good idea. That may just make her feel bad about herself. Good Luck!
    Posted by KSerafin17[/QUOTE]
    I agree I wouldn't want my photographer to photoshop them out bc it may make her feel bad. I just know it can be done. I am not going to ask my MOH to cover her tattoos bc it is part of her just like my piercings are a part of me. I personally would just have her wear the dress and not cover them up, but maybe for formal pics have all the girls wear a shall. People aren't going to remember the tattoos.<div>
    </div>
    February Siggy Challenge... Honeymoon Destination:
    Honeymoon Cabin in the Smokey Mountains
    Gatlinburg, TN
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies for all the replies. I think its just something I need to think about. I do understand where you all are coming from since I , myself have piercings that I wont be taking out.
    This is my inspiration
    The actual one I made
  • I have a few tatts one on my wrist in honor of my late husband and if someone asked me to cover it I would pissed.  Even if they arent something you would pick...you picked her to be a bridesmaid for who she is not what she looks like...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_opinions-bridesmaid-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:510c57a4-5b7b-4ce5-b21b-3d8dd4cd985fPost:55b865fa-0d61-413e-a823-ddaeef4529a9">Re: Opinions ( Bridesmaid dress)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a few tatts one on my wrist in honor of my late husband and if someone asked me to cover it I would pissed.  <strong>Even if they arent something you would pick...you picked her to be a bridesmaid for who she is not what she looks like...</strong>
    Posted by MandiNewMommy[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div><div>
    </div><div>Please do not ask her to cover them up. That's just rude. Photoshopping them out? That is an even worse suggestion. Could you imagine being the MOH and looking at the pro pics to see a part of you has been edited away? It would make me feel like sh*t to know that my best friend had the way that I look altered. </div><div>
    </div><div>It will not be the end of the world to let her tattoos show. People's focus will be on you and your FI. I feel like no matter how close you are to MOH it will just create hurt feelings and drama that you don't need if you ask her to cover up.</div>
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards